Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AP1,DC2R,NA6
    Hey alps, don't worry man I'm in the same boat. I'm 20, I just bought a s2k and I'm in so much strife atm. The term "baller" given to p platers who drive s2000s really do apply; I pay $3,000 for insurance / year, plus paying off the loan. What's worse is that I have a daily too! I can probably buy another one in 4-5 years! Stick with it man, I'm taking up a part time job just to support my addiction.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Keep ur head uP man. U wanna b mature? Work full time study at night. I dunno how half the p platers afford to own an s. I got off my ps in April this yr, but owned my s2k 16mths prior to that and was working ft and studying ft. I've had very similar problems with my s the same that u have, and have just managed to pull thru most of them slowly, but there are a few biggies left to sort out. Also, I didn't get a loan for it so it was much easier for me to pay for the issues I had, mind u the year before took forever to save!! It's really uP to u dude, but if I were u, like others have said, you've come this far man, get what really needs to be done as ur first priority, then worry bout the rest

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kjn View Post
    Keep ur head uP man. U wanna b mature? Work full time study at night. I dunno how half the p platers afford to own an s. I got off my ps in April this yr, but owned my s2k 16mths prior to that and was working ft and studying ft. I've had very similar problems with my s the same that u have, and have just managed to pull thru most of them slowly, but there are a few biggies left to sort out. Also, I didn't get a loan for it so it was much easier for me to pay for the issues I had, mind u the year before took forever to save!! It's really uP to u dude, but if I were u, like others have said, you've come this far man, get what really needs to be done as ur first priority, then worry bout the rest
    Thanks dude! i think i will. even if my car has to sit unused in the back yard. i'm thinking of getting a run around car so i stop using the S soo much and causing more and more problems all the time. my lil bro is saving for a car when he turns 16 in feb. might help him save and get something decent that i can drive aorund as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Screw that you're not going to drive anything but your chariot :P. just be easy on it for now and don't blow unnecessary cash on it!. Maybe get a long term loan (30 years) and secure it with something so you pay lower interest. I'm a finance major so I can give you some advice on how to lower your monthly payments.

I'm 21 and finishing uni in a month but I work semi full-time as well. I rate studying and working is the way to go, work 3 days a week and study 2.

Like everyone says, don't give up unless you have no choice... rock on!!!!

p.s. ill buy your wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    yea im the same atm, just turn 21, had this s2k for a year! i love it but kinda stressed out of money shit too.. but i never got a loan so im pretty happy =P
    3 years of saving got a s2k, a shitty golf as my daily and! study business management atm too and i work 5 days a week nearly >.<.
    EG4>CBR250RR>EM1>GOLF>AP1

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    so many young ones with s2000.

damn im a doctor and i cant even afford mods =P lol serious......
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Scary aye, I'm 20 about to buy an S haha

Guess I'm going to have to budget extremely well to manage the mod bug lol
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Quote Originally Posted by drsilliez View Post
    so many young ones with s2000.

damn im a doctor and i cant even afford mods =P lol serious......
    Coz you're probably too busy with epic assets. Sell me one of your mansions :P haha just kidding.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmoyo View Post
    Screw that you're not going to drive anything but your chariot :P. just be easy on it for now and don't blow unnecessary cash on it!. Maybe get a long term loan (30 years) and secure it with something so you pay lower interest. I'm a finance major so I can give you some advice on how to lower your monthly payments.

I'm 21 and finishing uni in a month but I work semi full-time as well. I rate studying and working is the way to go, work 3 days a week and study 2.

p.s. ill buy your wheels
    Yer maybe i should extend the period. it's at 7 years with 6 and 2 months remaining. i'll give the bank a call. i can make the repayments and still have cash spare but it's the extra expense the car keeps costing me that leaves me broke. it's not a couple hundred dollars. it's always a few gs the car costs me. they're such a high maintenance car.

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    Yer maybe i should extend the period. it's at 7 years with 6 and 2 months remaining. i'll give the bank a call. i can make the repayments and still have cash spare but it's the extra expense the car keeps costing me that leaves me broke. it's not a couple hundred dollars. it's always a few gs the car costs me. they're such a high maintenance car.
    yea i no how u feel man.. i got a 2k rebuild on the gearbox soon and im cut.. got paid 3/4 this week and i have to blow it into it.. du ma.. but end of the day im guessing its worth it

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM S15
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmoyo View Post

p.s. ill buy your wheels
    Longest term any bank does on a personal loan is 7 years. which is what i've already got.

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    Quote Originally Posted by ALPS View Post
    Longest term any bank does on a personal loan is 7 years. which is what i've already got.
    fukk how much interest do you pay on top??
    i never got a loan before i always save my money to buy. i did alright saved 20k in a year..madd asian tightass noodle everyday LOL