Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5

Would I notice a difference?

I have an auto/semi-auto base Honda DC5 and am considering the following mods, basically trying to improve performance and create a smoother/more enjoyable ride.

Wheels: Rota DPT 17 x 9 +35 all around wrapped in Kumho KU31 tyres - think I'll need to have the guards rolled. Hoping to have it dropped to the tip of the tyre so either King springs or Buddy Club coilovers.

Engine: Injen Cold Air Intake .. Exhaust, any ideas? I know its not a manual so I'm limited in a few aspects but hoping I can still try get the most out of my DC5. Thanks fellas!

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    I dont get exactly what your trying to ask, as in would you feel a difference with the above mods?

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by ekvtec View Post
    I dont get exactly what your trying to ask, as in would you feel a difference with the above mods?
    Yeah pretty much if the above is a good start to getting the most out of my DC5.

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    Quote Originally Posted by IDV8 View Post
    Yeah pretty much if the above is a good start to getting the most out of my DC5.
    Depends on what area you really have in mind. Getting power out of base is pretty hard esp with auto, but with that said a intake wont do nothing but good.

But I would rather concentrate on suspension/brakes/wheels+tyres. Not only make you feel faster but aesthetically more pleasing too.

Just my 2cents

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    What would be the difference between replacing springs to lower my car as opposed to buying new coilovers at $1200-$1500? Thanks for the replies

What would be the difference between replacing springs to lower my car as opposed to buying new coilovers at $1200-$1500? Thanks for the replies
    The difference is as you explained.

I will mention that the more you put in, the more you will get out.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    But I mean specifically whats the difference? I'm not 100% but is it that coilovers will absorb more thus less 'bouncing' or ..? Also is there a resource with mods explained that would be fit for auto cars? Thanks

But I mean specifically whats the difference? I'm not 100% but is it that coilovers will absorb more thus less 'bouncing' or ..? Also is there a resource with mods explained that would be fit for auto cars? Thanks
    The most obvious difference is that you either replace your springs.......

OR

You get Coilovers......

ALL other differences/variables like I have already posted, will depend how much you put in......

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Yes well thats the obvious conclusion but I mean when driving what difference is there between whether you've just replaced springs or you've replaced the entire coilover?
    Saying "how much you put in" doesn't exactly give me an idea of what differences there are between the two ..? There will be 4 new (lower) springs.. or 4 new coilovers.. unable to tell the differences it will make to driving from that.

Yes well thats the obvious conclusion but I mean when driving what difference is there between whether you've just replaced springs or you've replaced the entire coilover?
    Saying "how much you put in" doesn't exactly give me an idea of what differences there are between the two ..? There will be 4 new (lower) springs.. or 4 new coilovers.. unable to tell the differences it will make to driving from that.
    I have tested every suspension on the planet and I know the difference, I just won't tell you

I can also read your mind & know how much you want to spend.

will help to answer 1st sentence of post #4

Member Array
    Car:
    03 DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by ekvtec View Post
    But I would rather concentrate on suspension/brakes/wheels+tyres. Not only make you feel faster but aesthetically more pleasing too.
    So I should be looking at different specs for Rota DPT 17 x 9 +35 all around wrapped in Kumho KU31 tyres, guards rolled and king springs?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I just lowered my DC5 on kings springs. Basically they feel exactly like stock. The only issue is, it doesnt lower the car THAT much (35mm-40mm). If you want to go for a really low look, your best getting tein springs or better yet, adjustable coilovers as you can adjust exactly what height you want the car to sit at. Obviously, the lower you go with the springs, means you would have to upgrade your shocks as well. This would make your ride a bit stiffer.

As the others have said, the more you spend the better the mod. Obviously coilovers are the best way to go, but a bit pricy. Just depends how much you want to spend and how low you want to go. Hope this helps
    If you like it, rep it up like you do your