Inner tie rod replacement for EK

Hi

I think I need to replace inner tie rod as I here some knocking when I jack up the car and shake my right wheel.
    Can anyone replace my inner tie rod right for my 97 EK?
    thanks

yes, people can replace your tie rod

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    knocking can be from anything ranging from the wheel bearing, upper/lower ball joint, rack end or tie rod. Get someone to move the tyre left & right and also up & down by hand while you look and feel for the excess movement.
    OEM parts whore

I'm quite sure it's driver side inner tie rod. when the car is jacked up I tried to move my wheel left to right and there's some play on the driver side. Also there's knocking when steering wheel turned left to right on stop. I've replaced my outer tie rod as I thought it was causing it. I don't have the tool to change inner tie rod so I was wondering if anyone advise where I can get this done?
    Last edited by tangyoonee; 06-10-2011 at 01:39 PM.

any mechanical workshop

Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    any mechanical workshop
    Y wud I ask here? I don't wanna pay ridiculously to any mechanic who can't do a gd job.

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    "Where can I get this done ?"

"Any mechanical work shop"

What kind of answer did you want ?
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

I think he wants the brothers to come to his crib so they can do the work for him and pay them with street cred and respect

they are probably much more qualified too

Just bought steering rack. Is it easier to replace the whole rack or inner tie rod only? Coz I only need to replace driver side inner tie rod.

For those who has no experiences or don't know the answer don't post here unless you have nothing to do.

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Replacing the tie rod would be easier than removing the whole steering rack.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I just had mine replaced. Any half-decent workshop should be able to do it in less than an hour.