Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    What would you prefer to have.

Penis thats 1.6inchs or 1.8inchs

Personally i wouldnt prefer either but you should get what i mean.

that extra 200cc or whateva it maybe will pleasure you more. Its simple maths. 1.8>1.6, only reason people say the b16b has more aggressive vtec? load of shit. The motor is running out puff by the time vtec kicks in, and sends it into a spazz attack when vtec engages. Trying to tell me that the 1.6l motor is gonna show a sharper curve then the 1.8l motor when vtec engages? i think the 1.8l will put out more numbers anyday.
    The camshaft profile of the B16B is more aggressive than the JDM B18C or AUDM B18C7. They are the most aggressive camshafts Honda made for the OEM B-series.

Also, all OEM Hondas engines are running out of puff by the time VTEC kicks in. That's the exact reason Honda makes the VTEC engage at certain points (and any tuner will do this when your car is tuned). This is done to ensure that you have a good smooth/progressive power band, not something with flat spots or dips.

At the end of the day we may as well go B20, right? For which there is a for/against case for either engine head.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    For the price diff, i would just go the b20 wit a b16a2 head to keep costs low, all the benefits of vtec + the extra torque to show the v8's wat 4 cylinders can do.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    What would you prefer to have.

Penis thats 1.6inchs or 1.8inchs

Personally i wouldnt prefer either but you should get what i mean.

that extra 200cc or whateva it maybe will pleasure you more. Its simple maths. 1.8>1.6, only reason people say the b16b has more aggressive vtec? load of shit. The motor is running out puff by the time vtec kicks in, and sends it into a spazz attack when vtec engages. Trying to tell me that the 1.6l motor is gonna show a sharper curve then the 1.8l motor when vtec engages? i think the 1.8l will put out more numbers anyday.
    so your saying the bigger the better ? cant compare it like that man

Member Array
    Car:
    marios' kart
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    The camshaft profile of the B16B is more aggressive than the JDM B18C or AUDM B18C7. They are the most aggressive camshafts Honda made for the OEM B-series.

Also, all OEM Hondas engines are running out of puff by the time VTEC kicks in. That's the exact reason Honda makes the VTEC engage at certain points (and any tuner will do this when your car is tuned). This is done to ensure that you have a good smooth/progressive power band, not something with flat spots or dips.

At the end of the day we may as well go B20, right? For which there is a for/against case for either engine head.
    but if i do the b20 vtec, id have to get a coating for the b20 block ay? and a engineering certificate cause the engine code is stamped on the block and if cops see it they'll ask for an engineering cert. wouldnt they? how much would i be looking at for this b20 vtec? b16a2 head $1000 or b16b head $dunno? b20 block $800? cylinder coat bout $500?
    or i can get a whole b16a2 package ($2500) and sell b16a2 block and get the b20 block
    i didnt choose the jdm life, jdm life chose me...

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    if your doing b20vtec, youll mostlikely wanna rebuild everything to something crazy while its apart, so gonna need alot of $$

get a b16a japspec off eg6. makes life easier. its decent for its price,

who ever is ****ign saying go b16, have u even ever been in a b16b or a b18c7, or have u just read what other people have said

any one who ever wants to pour funds into a b16a, is stupid, biggest waste of money for such little gains. all the money for sound. (yes offtopic)

b18c and 7 are the only worth options for conversions in that price range, if u can get hands on a b16b, please tell us how it goes, cause honestly, if your going to be paying 3k+ on a 5k car, you better make the most out of ur money

/rant
    Last edited by MWAKU; 20-10-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

, honestly, yea jst slap on a b16 on a b20. ASK any **** whos done that, you still won't be pushing power, youll still need to buy internals, tune and what else not to push power, u dont just slap on a b16 on a b20 block and think the cars going to be a beast

im not saying b20vtec is shit, but im saying, if ur on a tight budget, and have only enough for a conversion, your safest bet is a 18c or c7 for a quick, cheaper power uppage
    Last edited by MWAKU; 20-10-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    ^

I think B20VTEC's with standard internals make plenty of power. Most of the setups with a decent I/H/E (+tune otherwise you'll struggle to run it at all) I've seen tend to push the 110-115kw, which is loads of power and you'll definitely notice the low-end difference over a B18C or B16A. I sure did.