Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    My point was that in stock form, a DC5R is quicker round a track than a DC2R. Info about modified versions in this thread is irrelevant, as it doesnt relate to the OPs question.
    Both cars I mention are showroom production,in my humble experience the DC5 was always regarded as a slug compared to a DC2 otherwise I would have purchased one instead.I see you own a DC5 so you are a bit emotional about the subject whereas my purchase was based purely on economics ie what does the best job for the money no emotion attached.Natsoft is openly available to everybody,maybe you could do some research to prove me wrong.

LOL i own a dc5r and it's not quicker than a dc2r around a track

on any track with a good number of corners with drivers being equal the dc2r will simply walk away....they fly through the corners whereas the stock dc5r is a understeering mofo

on straightline speed their equal

Let's agree to disagree.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Yep Nuci thats the best way.Don't get me wrong I quite like the DC5 in all forms.
    Anyway the thread was about buying a DC5 S so my input would be Salvage Auctions particularly NSW where vehicles are stat write offs. I watch them a lot and there seem to be great examples coming up all the time and prices are down as they can''t be registered anymore (shame that).Stolen and recovered and light damage is quite common and that is the way I'd go.
    Good luck with it.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    stock for stock, the DC2 Type R has a better power-to-weight ratio than a dc5 Type R.

Originally a topic about DC5S but i see the OP is actually considering dc2R / dc5R
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Quote Originally Posted by EVLGTR View Post
    stock for stock, the DC2 Type R has a better power-to-weight ratio than a dc5 Type R.

Originally a topic about DC5S but i see the OP is actually considering dc2R / dc5R
    It's not all about top end power. The k20a makes more power in the mid rpm range, and also makes more torque. The biggest advantage the dc2 has is it's lighter and stiffer chassis. Both of which can be very easily fixed in a dc5r with the right knowledge
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    The biggest advantage the dc2 has is it's lighter and stiffer chassis. Both of which can be very easily fixed in a dc5r with the right knowledge
    dont forget the double wishbone
    drive both in stock form at the track and ull know which one is quicker
    i know its hard to swallow but honda were in 2 minds with the dc5- part grocery getter, part racer.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    That's the thing people fail to understand , every car is different, there are heaps of factors to come to play.Good luck getting stock versions of each car running at out of factory conditions. Things such as tyres play a massive part in determining the faster car. Engine life will play a good part as most DC2R's having higher kms with loss compression etc.
    One thing I can note from experience is that the Audm k20a2 feels some what toned down vs jdm k20a. If only we got the whole package here....sighhhh

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by l__i__l View Post
    LOL i own a dc5r and it's not quicker than a dc2r around a track

on any track with a good number of corners with drivers being equal the dc2r will simply walk away....they fly through the corners whereas the stock dc5r is a understeering mofo

on straightline speed their equal
    Please refer back to this video:-

Eastern Creek 1:50.124 video
    My Build Thread

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    video is flawed caused audm and jdm dc2r/dc5r are different

Audm dc5r = 147kw 11:1 comp k20a2
    jdm dc5r = 166kw 11:7 comp k20a,+ aggresive cams,+ brembos

DC2R because of double wishbone front suspension is better than the bullshit macpherson struts in the DC5R. It's not an Toyota so no idea why honda even put there in the first place.
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    DC2R because of double wishbone front suspension is better than the bullshit macpherson struts in the DC5R. It's not an Toyota so no idea why honda even put there in the first place.
    Because Honda very obviously stopped giving a shit about building drivers cars.