Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A

B16A ECU code 20 and 21

hey guys,

I have a eg5 with b16a, i had the conversion done at good performance with charlie. I have a problem though recently i keep getting Check Engine Light and it keeps popping up randomly so i diagnosed it

as far as i know these codes turned up

- code 20 for Electric Load Detector
    - Code 21 for VTEC spool solenoid valve

Charlie at Good performance said that my car doesnt have code 20 because it has an import ECU although it does look like an eg6 ECU written on it. So we sus the code 21 is faulty so he had changed the solenoid, Vtec gasket and yesterday he did up and check the wirings, now the check engine light still come on. My oil pressure if fine as far as i know. Oil is on the correct spot and wiring is good.

I have searched code 21 and some say OIL SUMP maybe dented but i had a look underneath the car and its fine because i checked a week ago, my car is lowered.

Would any of you guys know what it could be, before i go back to get it fixed?

Maybe change ECU?.
    change oil sump and pan?

just asking for help before I change what doesnt need to be changed.
    thanks for reading and help would be very much appreciated.
    A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come. - Brainiac

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    did you check fuses for relevant VTS/ELD in dash/eng.bay fuseboxes?
    what is the exact ECU code? should be labeled somewhere like P30.

and welcome abourd!!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    forgot to mention, that we reset ecu after each change made one after another.

Thanks
    A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come. - Brainiac

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    no, but i dont know where the ELD and the vts located. He keeps telling me code 20 is nothing to worry about. How do i check it? Where is it located?Thanks for the quick reply.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    did you check fuses for relevant VTS/ELD in dash/eng.bay fuseboxes?
    what is the exact ECU code? should be labeled somewhere like P30.
    did you check the fusebox?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    yea i did, engine bay and under the dash. The fuses are all good. Any ideas on what else it could be? Just don't want the cel coming up randomly while driving or warming up the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    can you engage vtak yo?
    S P A M | W O R K S

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    when the CEL is on i cant, they only i can get rid of it is turning it off then starting it back on. after that CEL wont come on after sometime if im lucky, if not it just come on again straight away and no vtec if its on..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Breeze
    I was getting 21 and 41 before with a P72 ...then I went back to a P30 and now I'm getting a 20. Engine is a JDM B16

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    so when the CEL doesnt come on, you can vtak yo?
    im confused bruh. lulz
    S P A M | W O R K S

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    no, i cant vtec when the CEL is on. sorry lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    Quote Originally Posted by patchwick View Post
    I was getting 21 and 41 before with a P72 ...then I went back to a P30 and now I'm getting a 20. Engine is a JDM B16
    my engine is jdm b16a aswell, may i ask ask does the Check Engine Light come on with code 20? cause correct me if im wrong i heard that audm eg5 dont have code 20 from factory?