Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    use a multimeter and check for continuity from vts solenoid to ecu plug.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    yea we did that yesterday it seems to work fine. we also tighted and refreshened the plugs and soldered them on properly.
    A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come. - Brainiac

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    lulz mindfcuk. one minute it works fine, one minute cel comes on?
    what do you mean works fine? there is continuity or you can vtak?
    did you do it or he said yea its fine?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    i don't know if this is relevant but rarely, the tachometer would jump up, even on vtec but yea its happens once in a while
    A hero is made in the moment, not from questioning the past or fearing what's to come. - Brainiac

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    yea we did the continuity test it was fine between the ecu plug to the vtec solenoid.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Your Getting Code 20 because you have a JDM ECU with JDM ROM that is looking for the ELD sensor that you do not have. This can be disabled

your getting Code 21 because the ECU cannot see the VTEC solenoid. You need to ensure at pin A4 on the ECU you are getting about 10 to 20 Ohms

here is a link for detailed diagnostics

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...cs-Code-21-VTS

are you geting code 21 with out trying to hit VTEC, Just at Idle after an ECU reset ?
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 09-11-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    yea thanks Ecu-man, i will double check the ohms, and yea i am getting the code 21 without gettin into vtec. Even comes on when im warming up the car and idling at the lights sometimes when im driving too.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    pull the sump off and check the pickup
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Car:
    twin GX160's
    do not remove your sump as mentioned above

Your ECU cannot see the VTEC Spool Solenoid, this have nothing to do with oil flow or pickup. Your wiring is at fault or the VTS itself is open circuit or high resistance. It is possible your ECU could have a fault as well. is it a P30 ?
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 10-11-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    yea its a p30 ecu i suspect the wiring might be the culprit.. How do i fix the wiring from the ecu to the battery? Or vts to power?

Car:
    twin GX160's
    The ECU powers the VTS, the VTS is grounded via the engine block.

The ECU gets powred via the main PGMFI relay to IGP1 and IGP2. The ECU gets a constant battery 12v to the VBU pin maintain volatile memory.