Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai5552 View Post
    I read a thread just before, someone saying it was hell difficult to fit in, but they had to bend the pipes a bit to fit it. ie. PLM on RHD.
    Not too sure dude like i said before, I had them installed at a shop. If there was any work done to make them fit then I'm guessing that it's shaped to fit now lol. Anyhoo, pending payment.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I read a thread just before, someone saying it was hell difficult to fit in, but they had to bend the pipes a bit to fit it. ie. PLM on RHD.
    Probably best to actually reference the thread. Otherwise how do we tell the difference between this and the usual OzHonda "I read somewhere..." rumours.

Okay, I semi-read it wrong, sorry about that. So this is how it goes: PLM very hard to install. The J's is easier, but may need slight bending.

Quote Originally Posted by jrstyles View Post
    Not sure if there were any dramas while installing
    I thought you were the guy who made the third comment down?...

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8650...eader-problem/

Although, maybe I should swap my J's for PLM to save some money lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    This was the issue I was talking about when I was trying to fit mine on. How did you get passed it Dlai? I removed the knuckle that connects the steering column to the torque sensor to give a bit of lee way, then found the correct spot then re-tightened everything.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Okay, I semi-read it wrong, sorry about that. So this is how it goes: PLM very hard to install. The J's is easier, but may need slight bending.

I thought you were the guy who made the third comment down?...

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8650...eader-problem/
    Yes that is me but I tried doing it myself. Couldn't do it so i took it to a mechanic, came back in an hr and it was in. I have no idea if it was difficult for him or not, but for the less mechanically minded ie myself, maybe i went in from the wrong way or something but yes I couldn't install my first set of headers lhd or rhd. Regardless of that, it's in, it works and it's sold.

I've got Mugen headers on mine and had no problems fitting them. From memory, it took me about an hour with the front of the car jacked up and on stands.

The Mugen headers come with a heatshield too.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I used to have a HKS header, and yes it was a bugger to install. Took some finagling but once in it didn't hit anything it shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by s2kjn View Post
    This was the issue I was talking about when I was trying to fit mine on. How did you get passed it Dlai? I removed the knuckle that connects the steering column to the torque sensor to give a bit of lee way, then found the correct spot then re-tightened everything.
    Mines rubbing, a little. I shouldn't really get around to fixing that. After uni exams, sure will.

Member Array
    Car:
    SS AP1 S2000
    Been talking with a PLM dealer on ebay that sells the PLM header a lot cheaper than on s2ki, apparently he sold one to some dude in Malaysia, and now he's having to refund that guy because it wouldn't fit a RHD car.

What you guys reckon here? I know the PLM dealer on ebay is legit because a lot of guys on s2ki have bought headers from him. Is this guy in malaysia just bad?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280759347365...S:1123&vxp=mtr

For reference, I know it says fits LHD vehicles only, but I didn't think there would be a difference in RHD/LHD headers? >.<

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    The difference is in the space where the headers fit. RHD has a steering rod through that space. Same reason most US turbo kits don't fit.

PLM I guess is a US company and probably has never seen a RHD car. I also assume there are slight differences in each header that creep in during manufacturing. Some miss the steering rod, some need to be slightly deformed with a hammer, and some just don't fit. But ya's get's what's ya's pay's for's.