Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    is there any effect in changing the OEM plugs to something better. I was thinking of replacing mine (CU2) to NGK iridium before, but since aarong said it comes as OEM with CL9. I shouldnt be bothered anymore right?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    is there any effect in changing the OEM plugs to something better. I was thinking of replacing mine (CU2) to NGK iridium before, but since aarong said it comes as OEM with CL9. I shouldnt be bothered anymore right?
    No, not really. Only if the ones you got have had it.

Take one out and have a look at what it is. NGK iridiums are good plugs, I run them in my dirtbike. They just last shitloads longer than cheapo plugs.
    There was no way I could tell any performance difference between a hotter or colder plug, different types of plugs, or different brands of plugs.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

i think you might get better fuel consumption by changing the spark plugs

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    i think you might get better fuel consumption by changing the spark plugs
    Changing them to which plugs? That is the question. Iridiums already have one of the best sparks out there with their fine tip.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Changing them to which plugs? That is the question. Iridiums already have one of the best sparks out there with their fine tip.
    yeah that's true thanks aaron

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 Accord Euro Std MT
    my car has done about 45k in 5 years...do i or should i change the spark plugs???

i took them out today to inspect them and they still look ok...a bit dirty and brown but not black or fouled. is it worth replacing them or do they still have alot of life left? they're stock NGK iridiums btw.

i don't like the fact that my euro takes a good amount of cranking before it fires up, sometimes it takes even more cranks. it just feels really sluggish when starting up. so i'm trying to see what i could possibly change to make it crank better. the battery definitely isn't the problem since i have a new supercharge gold in there. what else could it be?

also wondering, these bottles of 'injector' cleaners that they sell...do they really do what they're supposed to? or am i wasting my money?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    They make sharp popping sound... But because they're burried in a head and the big bang follows fast, you don't hear the plugs.
    Last edited by SPQR; 16-04-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by corn_flakes View Post
    my car has done about 45k in 5 years...do i or should i change the spark plugs???

i took them out today to inspect them and they still look ok...a bit dirty and brown but not black or fouled. is it worth replacing them or do they still have alot of life left? they're stock NGK iridiums btw.

i don't like the fact that my euro takes a good amount of cranking before it fires up, sometimes it takes even more cranks. it just feels really sluggish when starting up. so i'm trying to see what i could possibly change to make it crank better. the battery definitely isn't the problem since i have a new supercharge gold in there. what else could it be?

also wondering, these bottles of 'injector' cleaners that they sell...do they really do what they're supposed to? or am i wasting my money?
    Injector cleaners do work. Especially if your car is getting old.

About Starting up problems... whens the last time you got your battery checked? I used to have the same sort of problems when my battery starts to die.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by corn_flakes View Post

I changed mine at approx.45K and yes it did make a bit of difference.Car was a bit more responsive.I wouldn't worry about using those injector cleaners in a bottle.Get a mech.to do the injector cleaner that is sprayed into the inlet manifold or get the Subaru injector cleaner in a spray can.It's really good stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 CL9 LUX
    Does anyone have thoughts on buying the plugs from the US via eBay? They're around $65 delivered for a set of four. I haven't checked local prices but I'm sure they'd be $80+.
    Mods: Baby seat in the back

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6
    I got Brisk plugs from ebay, working quite smart response.