removing rear wing

has anyone done it?

thought it would be pretty straight forward like other cars ive done, but i seem to be missing something

its like stuck on with mad glue

i heated it up, removed the four bolts, 2 on each side, then got a fishing line, but the line kept snapping, tried to just pull it off, but was strong, thought i might rip the paint........

anyone know what size plugs i need to get ? like exact size?

what else do i need to remove other than the four bolts? or am i doing it right just need to warm it up more and keep trying with the fishing line>>???
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

theres 2 bolts and 1 screw on either side. The screw is underneath that rubber knob thingy, you just twist it off. The holes are 10mm and hole for the harness is 12mm, just use 3/8inch groumets, they fit as well
    Last edited by Maikulz; 21-11-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    from previous car knowledge, the glue is absolutely insane!

the previous owner of my euro had removed the stock spoiler and from what it looks like, he ended up getting the boot resprayed aswell... he may have screwed the paint so yeah id be very careful and patient when i do it

have you made sure to remove the wire for the spoiler brake light? lol

can't even see where it is. when i removed the rubber seal things, didn't see a screw under neath, all that is visible to me is the 4 screws. two on each side. i moved the 'carpet' and couldnt even see where the brake light goes through. whys everything got to be so hard on the euro ffs
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i