Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4

Aluminum Radiators.

Hello, Just a question.
    On eBay they list aluminum radiators and some have MT(Manual Trans) on the description.
    I've got a Auto, Honda Civic 93 twin carb.

Is there any difference on getting one the that says MT (Manual Trans) or is there a specific radiator i need to buy?

Thanks,
    lommy

Member Array
    Car:
    DC
    I think you'll need to get the radiator that's labelled for auto because the tranny runs its cooling through bottom of the radiator(you would find two hoses connected from the tranny to the rad) and with manual boxs they don't , best to check your current one in the car to make sure and order the correct one.
    Coup De Grace

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by will88 View Post
    I think you'll need to get the radiator that's labelled for auto because the tranny runs its cooling through bottom of the radiator(you would find two hoses connected from the tranny to the rad) and with manual boxs they don't , best to check your current one in the car to make sure and order the correct one.
    that is true, i have a auto an manual rad sitting in the garage... auto has two extra hose connections on the bottom which u will need....

question is why do u want a aluminum rad for auto carb civic? lol, just any standard eg auto rad will do the job fine
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    eBay aluminum rads are over rated lol I got ibe to try band aid my over heating due to slight HG leak but it wasn't my better then my stock ek4 rad
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    lol a bigger rad wont do sh!t to help a leaking headgasket, the coolant will still reach the same temperature and the thermostat will still open at the same temp.

You could of spent the money from the rad towards fixing the headgasket.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    As every1 has said ..

you must use a Auto Radiator for a Auto Tranny.

Whereas, Manual Tranny can use both Auto & Manual Tranny.

Ebay items are not bad, i have one fitted in my EM1. its a 4core and no problems.

Be sure to fully flush out the radiator with water prior to installing, and flush out your entire cooling system when fitting a new Radiator.

Change your Thermostat whilst your at it since your in the procress already.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

will88

winrar

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Just need a new radi, it has a minor crack which will start to lead to a bigger one. If anyone has one for sale PM me

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    lol a bigger rad wont do sh!t to help a leaking headgasket, the coolant will still reach the same temperature and the thermostat will still open at the same temp.

You could of spent the money from the rad towards fixing the headgasket.
    Actually after I bought the 2 core eBay rad, I realized the EK4 rad is same thickness. Ek4 rad is thicker then a ek1 rad.
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    You can buy external auto tranny fluid coolers, but then you've got all the fun of mounting them somewhere!
    Hell even SuperCheap Auto sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jccck View Post
    You can buy external auto tranny fluid coolers, but then you've got all the fun of mounting them somewhere!
    Hell even SuperCheap Auto sell them.
    dual carb powahhhh

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    dual carb powahhhh
    No need to get silly =P
    But you'll be hard pressed finding a high performing Radiator that has the inbuilt cooler for Auto Transmissions.
    So the external is just an option..