Member Array
    Car:
    95 Honda Accord H22A

H22A wiring into Akord?

i have almost finshed my H22 engine conv into my 5th gen akord, the only remaining task is the wiring... i have the prelude engine harness aswell as the akord engine harness, now i know that you keep the akord wiring from the firewall to the ECU but i am a little confused??? do you use the prelude eng harness and juz plug the looms into the akord firewall to ECU looms then relocate the needed sensors or do you use the akord engine harness on the H22A and juz use all the exsisting akord wiring then juz rewire the 4 sensors i.e VTEC pressure switch, VTEC solenoid, Intake Air bypass solenoid, and knock sensor....
    Any help is much appreciated...

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by j-specAccord
    i have almost finshed my H22 engine conv into my 5th gen akord, the only remaining task is the wiring... i have the prelude engine harness aswell as the akord engine harness, now i know that you keep the akord wiring from the firewall to the ECU but i am a little confused??? do you use the prelude eng harness and juz plug the looms into the akord firewall to ECU looms then relocate the needed sensors or do you use the akord engine harness on the H22A and juz use all the exsisting akord wiring then juz rewire the 4 sensors i.e VTEC pressure switch, VTEC solenoid, Intake Air bypass solenoid, and knock sensor....
    Any help is much appreciated...

just use all the existing accord wiring, most of it will plug right in, you will have to take the clips off the wiring harness for a bit of lentgh as some of the sensors are in different locations on the h22. You will have to lengthn a coupla wires on the accord loom to fit.

you can even use the existing accord wiring for the alternator wiring etc and make it fit nicley under the wiring cover on the passenger side of the tappet cover.

then all you do is get the sensor plugs and wiring from the prelude loom for the knock sensor, IAB, vtec pressure switch and vtec selonoid andmake up a new seperate loom with some flexible conduit and route it down through a grommet in the fire wall to the ecu.

take alook at my conversion pics at hondapitstop, i got bruce the site manage to put them up for me , it still needs some editing but you will see what i mean about making a new loom etc.

http://www.hondapitstop.com/member_r...h22aswap1.html

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Honda Accord H22A
    yo H22 Accord that was heaps of help, its cleared up all ma confusion. thanx dude