Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Member Array
    Car:
    05 CL9 Luxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by afgmoh View Post
    Yeah? Hm.. I'm just so nervous about ripping apart my center console lol. I have 0% trust in myself being able to do this WITHOUT breaking anything haha.
    My thought exactly. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro '06
    Quote Originally Posted by afgmoh View Post
    Thanks jbzonda! Looks good! Cos I had a look at the ebay one, and didn't know where to tuck away the giant square bit of the xcarlink. So you put yours behind the compartment within the actual console? If you get me..
    Yup, thats exactly right, i didnt feel the need to fasten it to anything, sat in there without a problem.
    2006 CL9 Honda Accord Euro

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    wish i had one
    hi all, currently looking for options for a mate's bday.
    he's got a 06 euro lux without sat nav and our group was thinking about getting him a BT module.

i see that both the grom and xcarlink modules have bt options, but which is actually better?
    Can anyone comment on the performance of either module and their differences? (not just with bt)

thanks

I got the Grom unit myself with the BT module and all in all it's not too bad... Kind of wish I used an iPhone though would make connectivity a lot easier. Using bluetooth with an HTC Desire running AOSP (Stock) android and the steering wheel controls on it only ever work with the default music player. If I use a different player it doesn't seem to respond to track changes at all. I also need to pick a song off the playlist when I'm looking to start the music in order for track changes to work. If I start via the widget the music plays but steering wheel controls fail to respond. I've also had times where the unit doesn't respond and when I try changing play modes (USB/AUX/BT) it seems to stop working altogether until i turn the ignition off and on again.. Sound quality wise it's pretty decent aside from the fact that it buzzes when there's no music and it's synced up. I also get my google navigation directions over the speakers so now I can play music when I'm driving somewhere I've never gone without fear of missing a turn/direction.

Personally the ability to change tracks via the steering wheel was a HUGE factor in me deciding to get the GROM + BT module. I've just had to adjust the way I use my phone (going to stock music player) to compensate. Maybe if I restored my phone to a stock state instead of messing with the ROM it may yield different results but I can live with the way it is.

If you had any other questions I'll try my best to answer but can only comment on the GROM unit.

i just got one GPS/Audio player for myself on last few week, not bad too... A$480 including postage and free reversing camera and TV Antenna too

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Heard many bad reviews about these. How do you find them

Marquee, r u asking me? so far i got no problem for it.. i found it from Ebay

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    yer man asking you lol is it the one from china?

it from Hong Kong, but i believe also from China.