ED Civic Power Steering Belt WTF!

Hey guys,

I feel stupid and regretably have to ask for help.
    How do I remove tension off the power steering belt to replace it. Ive taken off the A/C belt and tensioner pulley to get a better look, but still have NFI how it comes off.. Help

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    You should have a tension bolt for the Power steering pump. you loosen it and the belt should come loose.
    Have a look at the power steering pump,where is connected the engine. you should see 2 or 3 bolts.Lossen the bolts and should come loose.
    Last edited by hmetro24; 05-12-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    ^^^ eexactly.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hmetro24 again.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Is the tensioner acessable from the engine bay or from underneath. I have looked from both directions.
    I've changed many on different cars, its usually one of the easiest jobs but i'm stumped.

I just found a picture on google, that shows the power steering pump bracket off a D15B4. The tension slide adjuster is under the pump, between it and the a/c compressor. No wonder I couldn't see it...

Sucess!!
    For anyone interested in this in the future, The tensioner bolt head is under a pipe to the left of the power steering pump (when looking at the engine bay from the front of the car). The pivot bolt is on the right hand side and is acessed with the radiator overflow bottle removed.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    the 4AGE in my corolla was the same.
    to see all of my build, checkout