Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Door/window problem help please

hi guys,

So like today whilst trying to put my passenger window down, my door opens when it gets half way or even less than half way.

Has anyone had this issue before? If so what is the fix for it?

FYI this is a EG with electric windows...if that helps.

Thanks,
    Last edited by hypeDC; 03-11-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Do you mean when the windows got half way, the door opened.
    Do u hear any sounds?
    That's look like mechanical thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    If ur window doesnt go up all the way, an stops there, than its probz the window regulator, or better if fell out of its railing.

If the window fell of its railing, just take off the door triming, just undo the window railing guide, realign the window back onto the railing, spray some silcon and ur done simple fix
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    But how does the regulator open the door? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Just take the door trim and see inside the door. That's the only way you will know

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Sounds like either your window is out of alignment and hitting the wire that connects the door handle to the door release mechanism or the wire that connects the door handle to the door release has come loose/moved and is being triggered by the window on the way down. Do as hmetro24 has said and take your door trim off to see what the problem is for sure.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    i had a similar problem with my dc5r, my passenger side window would slip out half way while going up as if the car wanted to grow some wings, found out one of my window clips at the bottom had snapped off causing the window to go of the railing.

Take door trim off and look

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    as everyone said ..

take the door trim off and inspect the below;

1) Check the Window rails - ensure they are straight and bolted up correctly to their mounts.
    2) check your door unlocking rod - this should be a small long alloy rod which connects from your interior door unlocl/lock to the Key mechanical unit. - make sure that this rod is not hitting the window glass / rails as you wind the window down.
    3) have you recently changed your central locking motors? if not - inspect this also as the mounting position could be hitting the window frame/glass.

it has nothing to do with your window regulator ..unless it is loose.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Hey guys i got a problem with my dc2. Passenger window will go down but not up. I can hear the motor when i push down but nothing when i push up. Is there a way to manually pull the railing back up? Cos i really need my window closed for work tomorow lol

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by dvsx View Post
    Hey guys i got a problem with my dc2. Passenger window will go down but not up. I can hear the motor when i push down but nothing when i push up. Is there a way to manually pull the railing back up? Cos i really need my window closed for work tomorow lol
    HI-JACKED .. lol

get someone to pull up the window glass whilst the other person is holding the power window switch up.

if this still doesnt work, then you will need to remove your door trim and manuallypull up the window glass by forcing the regulator and rails to the up position.

Sounds like your Power Window switch is stuffed. - possibly corroision on the PCB circuitry due to water or moist or just had it! lol.

Try swapping another drivers complete power window switch and see if that resolves the problem.

Otherwise your power window regulator is a goner or your rails are out of alighnment.

Best to check the simple troubleshooting first before getting to the dirty mechanical components.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    youve got ghosts in your car man

call a catholic priest, excorcism is on the cards
    part time potato