Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold air intake

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    P.S why is everybody recommending injen? their good for track cars, but impractical for a daily driver because you run the risk of hyrdo lock... yeh, it may not be common, but their has been quite a few cases of it happening to cars driving in torrential rain. Is it really worth the risk? just for an intake?
    if you are that worried about hydrolocking, build a shelter/umbrella for the filter as seen here: http://forums.s2kca.com/showthread.php?t=29387

Or simply buy a cover for your filter, eg. http://www.autoanything.com/air-filt...A2582A0A0.aspx

Comptech are cheap intakes too, they are about as good as the AEM V2's, but they look much better in the engine bay. That's another cheap option?
    Last edited by dlai5552; 27-10-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vtcwpn View Post
    I just recently bought an s2000 and i was wondering what was the best cold air intake system, money is not an issue
    the K&N APOLLO CIS cold air intake could be good on your s200. it lowers warm build-up and nourishes freezing air into your engine.
    Last edited by ckit1477; 03-12-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX52K
    Quote Originally Posted by dlai5552 View Post
    you're 2kw gain over my $130 AEM V2 actually makes me happy for choosing mine lol.
    glad i read this before blowing $1000 lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    yeh, its not always about Money being an issue its Value..
    if its $1500 to get 10kw and $300 to get 8kw what would you do ??
    Some people will be smart.. and say get the 10 but realisticly that .. last 2kw isnt worth that $1200

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    boost it :P

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX52K
    Quote Originally Posted by slimx View Post
    yeh, its not always about Money being an issue its Value..
    if its $1500 to get 10kw and $300 to get 8kw what would you do ??
    Some people will be smart.. and say get the 10 but realisticly that .. last 2kw isnt worth that $1200
    true that

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    I have the js intake. Money well spent. Also it's Japanese, so it fits, it works and it's not some crap looking alloy pipe with a pod filter on it that makes your 70k s2000 look like a eg civic.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg breeze
    build your own intake :P

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by thebob View Post
    I have the js intake. Money well spent. Also it's Japanese, so it fits, it works and it's not some crap looking alloy pipe with a pod filter on it that makes your 70k s2000 look like a eg civic.
    Yes, exactly. hence y u can justify not only getting that 2kw gain, but also the aesthetics of the design. Each to their own, but from what I can gather, you guys bagging me out for "spending" too much money, and half of you being p plater teenagers, well now doesn't that say something about your social status.

pfft its only a s2k..

if it was a nsx fair enough

every 18 year old out there is buying a s2k

nothing wrong with putting a $100 intake on it...as long as it works

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Do u want to direct me to where I said there is something wrong with putting on a $100 intake? That is if u can find one for that price anyway. For some, or more specific, you, its "only an s2k", but judging from ur profile, I guess u would have to own one to appreciate that its not an "integra"

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    soon nsx will be same i guess if that's how you see it.
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87