Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G'day guys

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

G'day guys

Hi guys,

My name is Marty and I (well myself and my wife) picked up a manual white MY12 Accord Euro today. Well picked up isn't quite right - mid Jan is the ETA But I'm pretty excited. Never owned a car before, only motorbikes. Though my current bike is a Honda too.

So hi!

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Welcome mate, what bike ya got? any pics?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    It's a Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird. 2005 model I think. I don't have a pic of mine, but this looks exactly like this except mine has aftermarket mufflers and a few other small mods (power commander, automatic chain oiler, LiFe battery, luggage rack):

I don't use the bike much anymore, though it is getting a bit of a workout at the moment since we don't have a car. I have ridden Melbourne to Perth on it though. That was an experience.

In fact it's a shame the current Euros don't do a nice metallic blue, since then the bike and car would match

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Awesome! remember to post both of pics of your euro and the bike!
    loving them both hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord VTi
    Its good as gold, its Honda.
    I told you I was getting a Honda!! - CD5

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Well I picked up the Euro on Thursday. Very happy with it so far, though very confused about the wildly varying views on how to run in a new car.

What was pretty funny (or sad depending on how you look at it) was that I pretty much drove it straight home and within a minute of me parking, the cleaners for our apartment block arrived and parked me in. Then within 5 minutes they had a leaf blower out to clean the parking lot, which seems involve blowing all the dirt onto all the cars. So my brand new car was covered in bits of leaf and dust. I decided that was a good enough reason to wash and and seal it....

Anyway, I can't wait until it is reasonably run in so I can start doing some decent trips out into the countryside.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    such.a.nice.bike.....

pics asap
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Yeah the blackbird is an awesome bike. Made me realise what great vehicles Honda make which has lead to me getting the Euro

And here's an old pic of my bike when I did my across Australia trip

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
    Last edited by bugeater; 14-01-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    welcome, you are crazy.... melb to perth on a bike lol.... how was your back

nice bike though !
    Last edited by JPR28610; 15-01-2012 at 12:44 AM.
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    melbourne to perth on a bike, you sir must have an extra testicle!

any plans for the euro?
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    any plans for the euro?
    Paint it to match !

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    The bike ride was something I just had to do (being from Perth originally). Crossing the Nullabor.

I didn't ride it back, but I did do a nice tour of the south west, which is awesome on a big bike. It would have been nice if the seat was a bit softer though. It gets pretty uncomfortable, hence the pillow on the seat in the picture.

I do like getting out on the open road, so I can't wait until I've run the Euro in a bit so I can really hit the road. A few months back we spent almost a month driving around California, Arizona and Nevada, which was an awesome drive. I highly recommend it to anyone. The Tioga Pass was one of the highlights, driving up and over the mountains, with snow everywhere, yet sunny and almost warm.