Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coilovers

hey benjamin are you saying you have done a coilover install??

its goin on my 98 ek hatch , what are the chance of you takin a look??
    SKATE MORE. HATE LESS!

Quote Originally Posted by 18INCH
    hey benjamin are you saying you have done a coilover install??

its goin on my 98 ek hatch , what are the chance of you takin a look??
    yes i have... afew times lol

Its very straight forward but takes alittle time. Where abouts in Syd do u live ? All you need to do is bring the coilovers and your car to me - i have all the tools

PM me when u are ready. cheers ben

Im from the blacktown area, what about you.

Another thing when i get these coilovers, do i get the tool to adjust them?? or is that always sold seperate?
    The springs and shocks are from a supplier not a private seller
    SKATE MORE. HATE LESS!

When you purchase new coilovers , there will be a large half-spanner tool to turn the lower perch ( its a double screw mechanism).

Talk soon.

as in two guys trying to turn the top bolt off the top metal cups, using only an allen key and 14mm spanner...

very difficult to get torque on a 3 inch allen key.

Quote Originally Posted by type one
    as in two guys trying to turn the top bolt off the top metal cups, using only an allen key and 14mm spanner...

very difficult to get torque on a 3 inch allen key.
    I use a spark plug tool ( pole) to slide over the allen key and give sufficient leverage - simply put the 14mm spanner on the nut , and the allen key into the middle shaft and abit of WD40 - turn opposite ways and it should be fine.

Do this with the shock on its side, on the ground too.

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    If you know what you are doing they can be pretty easy....but just to be safe I would get someone to do it for you, it shouldn't cost that much.

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    Quote Originally Posted by bo279
    mine was pretty rusted n no amount of oil or force got it off...so took it to the mechanics to get them to help me out with the gun...n no good, she wouldnt come out and so new shocks i got...=D

what leverage??

haha i know what you mean, the front right shock of mine was so screwed up i actually broke the allan key in the shock!! haha.. had to get the angle grinder out, then it was time for 2 new front shocks hehe.. oh well a learning experience .. "if it doesn't come out, don't force it too much... might break then you will be hit for more costs!"
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    _CIVIC_:how much did 2 new shocks cost u??? i got mine from the wreckers n it costed $65 for one...i remembered new ons cost like more than $300 for a set of 2??

when i tried to get mine off, one of my allen keys i think was probly crap n it actually started to twist and in the end it looked like a licourice (???black lollie)...ehehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    hahahaha
    i ended up getting 2 new Gabriel shocks.. cost me $300 for a pair
    i was only going to get low king springs which was costing me $340... then i tried taking the shocks out to do so, and then i was hit for another $300... LOL not a cheap task :P
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 Civic VTi
    yeah when things like that happen u wonder y u jus didnt take it to a pro in the first place...but at least u learn a new skill...=D