Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    I might be selling my front and rear Cusco sway bar and some other sussy mods in the near future but still unsure...
    I wish I have the budget to put turbo my R18...

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    I agree with omg jai..

you can get the spoon fd2r engine from nengun performance for around 8k, not sure of the postage cost though. I think jdmyard can import that too.

for install dont diy unless u really know what youre doing or you've done it before. get toda or top one to do it. it's a straight bolt on so should be cheaper. probably an 8 hour labour cost.

I think this is the best way to make your car faster if u have the cash.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by outatime View Post
    I agree with omg jai..

you can get the spoon fd2r engine from nengun performance for around 8k, not sure of the postage cost though. I think jdmyard can import that too.

for install dont diy unless u really know what youre doing or you've done it before. get toda or top one to do it. it's a straight bolt on so should be cheaper. probably an 8 hour labour cost.

I think this is the best way to make your car faster if u have the cash.
    Outatime,

I'm sorry but I rspectfully disagree, getting 140 odd Kw N/A out of this motor is not going to cost 8K, I could rebuild the whole thing from scratch for less than that. Later down the track I might be looking at new piston's, cam, ported heads etc. still.... wont cost me 8k. As I mentioned earlier my brother is a turbo mechanic so labour and DIY is not an issue.

I was simply at the point of trying to identify which parts are going to be good reliable, relatively well priced. I dont know why everyone thinks this engine is not capable of putting decent power to the ground with out a Turbo & still maintain reliability. It will need some modifications ofcourse. Even with stock internals this engine would run 6 pound without missin a beat.

Anyway I've built my own CAI out of custom piping & thrown a 2.5" exhaust cat & back to let this baby breathe a lil' wont touch the exhaust manifold yet coz I might as well turbo the thing before having to do it. when I get this Hondata unit which I've ordered I'll spend a couple of days with me bro and let you know what the dyno tells me. should potentially be able to get it up around the 130 with a decent tune now that it can breathe. (throttle body might cause me greif I'm not too sure)

So far I've spent $2200 on CAI, Exhaust and ECU Probably looking at throttle body soon too for about $900 and getting it ported ($800 From my brothers mate). The answer will be 140-150KW with a decent tune & and a few other little mods. you just wait and see...... But thanks all for the help.

I'll only be buying a Type R motor if mine destroys its self, but lets face it.... Honda make good cars!! I'll be sure to place dyno results here for all.

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    ahh fair enough.. I missed that.. all the best with your build, and post a build thread about it. will be interesting to see the results.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Sport
    LOL, I only half read post's 90% of the time aswell....

Will definately keep everyone up to dat on the mod's.

Now that I have been looking into throttle body's I am stuck on picking the right size for my car.... hmmmm.....

Does anyone know what size I should get if I have intentions to turbo later on???