Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    '99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    the honda 'ac delco' unit has been the most reliable and durable daily battery i have seen around in a long time for its price bracket

i wasnt aware that honda had units made by other companys tho - maybe not all the OEM units are that great after all =/
    Don't anyone tell him that OEM Honda FEO isn't made by Honda
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    would have thought the star on the bottle cap made that one captain obvious ...

what i meant was i have only seen OEM batteries made by AC Delco - wasnt aware that honda sourced batteries from other companies as well ...
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Heh - you'd be surprised how many people think Honda distills their own oil

I've heard that parts suppliers shift around a bit, oil filters and air filters, AC compressors during the same run are the obvious but it depends on the smaller companies that supply the parts on a cost basis. I read an interesting article years ago about the relationship between the big Japanese car companies and the smaller component producers - loyalty doesn't exist and (as always, the $ means everything).
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    for the smaller jdm terminals on your crx you can buy a oem honda "ac delco" jazz battery
    110-120 bucks depending where you can get from

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 4DR 2009
    cant go wrong with super charge..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    the honda 'ac delco' unit has been the most reliable and durable daily battery i have seen around in a long time for its price bracket

i wasnt aware that honda had units made by other companys tho - maybe not all the OEM units are that great after all =/
    The battery that comes on the car from the factory in Japan is definitely not an AC Delco. The one that I had in my from new was a GS Yuasa if I remember correctly. But when I went to get a replacement battery from the Honda dealer, they used standard AC Delco batteries but with a Honda sticker stuck on to the side. I believe that Honda Australia sources from AC Delco (which ends up as the battery that they sell as a replacement), but Honda Japan sources from Yuasa (which goes into the car when it is assembled at the factory).

The AC Delco unit is one of the best batteries I've used. Century was the worst! Leaked acid fumes into the engine bay of our 2nd car. Currently using a Delkor battery and it is fine except that the battery post was a little too fat for my after market negative battery connector. The stock positive terminal fitted fine, so it was more of a problem with my negative connector.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    yeah my neighbors EG5 has a repco battery and it has leaked acid fumes up onto the bonnet and made a big rust bubble =/

those AC Delco units are good =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The battery that comes on the car from the factory in Japan is definitely not an AC Delco. The one that I had in my from new was a GS Yuasa if I remember correctly. But when I went to get a replacement battery from the Honda dealer, they used standard AC Delco batteries but with a Honda sticker stuck on to the side. I believe that Honda Australia sources from AC Delco (which ends up as the battery that they sell as a replacement), but Honda Japan sources from Yuasa (which goes into the car when it is assembled at the factory).

The AC Delco unit is one of the best batteries I've used. Century was the worst! Leaked acid fumes into the engine bay of our 2nd car. Currently using a Delkor battery and it is fine except that the battery post was a little too fat for my after market negative battery connector. The stock positive terminal fitted fine, so it was more of a problem with my negative connector.
    Century Yuasa is the Australian arm of GS Yuasa Maybe you're comparing a maintenance free battery to an average heavy duty battery?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gzm View Post
    Century Yuasa is the Australian arm of GS Yuasa Maybe you're comparing a maintenance free battery to an average heavy duty battery?
    They were both branded differently though. The GS Yuasa battery (sealed maintenance free) that came with the car from the factory worked fine. No leaks and the only downside was the low CCA rating. The Century battery was also sealed maintenance free but started leaking the fumes about 2 years after purchasing it. The Yuasa battery had a white casing with a black top, whereas the Century battery was full black in colour. Eventhough they are related companies, the products are different eventhough they are both sealed maintenance batteries.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Yea the century batteries aren't just re-branded. They're made here. You can ask for the GS alternative at Century though. They stock them.