Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first honda

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    I understand where your coming from with your budget but if you can save $800 then you can save 10K if you want mate, you just have to have self control and patience. I would suggest that you do plenty of research and don't be impatient and cheap out on parts because you can't be bothered saving for better quality items, do things right the first time, it will save you money in the long run. Things like a CAI won't set you back much but if you start looking at parts like coilovers (which a lot of people do) with a $800 budget your going to restrict yourself to low end products that wont last as long or perform as well as more expensive stuff. You should set a budget for different parts IMO that's what I try and do

Edit: also agree with the above regarding your car being roadworthy first and foremost

This

Quote Originally Posted by 1900-hustler View Post
    make sure your car is all roadworthy before spending money on mods

so tyres, brakes, serviced all fluids etc

Then this

Quote Originally Posted by funworld View Post
    I would start off with

- coilovers
    - new rims and tyres
    - exhaust
    - intake

And welcome to the world of Honda

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by a.tran View Post
    i meant mods that cost around 800 or less each not my whole budget to be 800
    Ohhhh true. Pretty easy then.

Intake - GruppeM is the cream of the crop for intakes ... can be had for around 700-800 2nd hand. Given that they're so expensive, it's debatable whether it's worth it or not ... otherwise, you can't go wrong with an Injen CAI.
    Exhaust - Can pretty much get any decent jap aftermarket exhaust for $800.
    Coilovers - Typically cost a bit more than $800 ... you can probably pick up some decent used coilovers for around $1-1.5k. I picked up Tein Basic coilovers for $700 shipped ... so I was a bit lucky haha
    Rims and Tyres - Together, definitely going to cost more than $800. Budget wise, you can probably get a decent set of tyres for about $500-600. Rims ... well, a totally subjective mod ... but you'll definitely spend at least $800 for a set. Could check option1garage out, they sell sets of rims for around that price.

So yeah, that's pretty much the base for getting your car looking/handling/sounding decent

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    as pretty much everyone else has said here get a decent CAI, i have the injen one, sounds great. also get a good quality exhaust system at least cat-back, if u have extra money then replace the manifold as well. i have the J's racing cat back sounds amazing in vtec.
    As for handling get some decent rubber on and definitely coilovers dont bother with just springs waste of time.

later on if ur keen get the ecu tuned with hondata, i have only heard good things about hondata. said to have good power gains with minor mods.