Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG

TV deck install to the bottom compartment on EK's

hey guys,

Just want to know is it possible to install a tv deck to the bottom compartment of the ek's the space where the cup holder is? i was thinking when the screen comes out there isnt enought clearance. If people are sayin to put it too the top = no reasons cops and theft attracting. And i dont people to custom make the space.

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    hey man, personally i tried that on my EK1 and it didn't have enough clearance to come out completely... the ashtray was interfering with it.. i ended up put the dvd player deck there, then i placed the separate screen at the top where the existing deck was.. worked out much better
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    I thought so, what tv deck did u use?

Putting the TV monitor where the cup holder wont fit... I rather it up in the normal din place where its easier access....

Member Array
    Car:
    SP20 Skyactiv
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry
    I thought so, what tv deck did u use?
    for the monitor:
    i just used this import brand i picked up from No Limit Car Audio in campbelltown

for the player:
    i went schneider from Dsire 4 Sound in Liverpool..

The monitor was approximately $200, while the player was $450

I would rather stick with a well known brand of player, as the schneider comes with anti-shock which i think is essential when it comes to playing dvd's, as you don't want the darn movie to start from the beginning all of the time when you hit a minor bump hehe. The Schneider dvd player, allows you to play all region DVDs (as it has NTSC playback), DVD-R, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, MPEG, JPEG, WMA, AM/FM tuner. The monitor also has NTSC playback, so it will give colour when it comes to ps2
    Wanting to find ways of making MILLIONS!

i once walked through the streets of laredo...

Member Array
    Car:
    350z Track
    Iv seen the tv mounted in a fixed position in the space down the bottom... looked okay IMO! forgot his nickname but his on here with a white ek dumped on gold g-games i think his nick is LowEK or something like that!

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    i pretty certain that the screen wouldnt have enuff clearance... i wanted to put my 7" all in one

unit where u want yours and the clearance isnt quite enuff when the screen folds out.. a HU

can easily fit in that space as seen in some EKs...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPlow
    Iv seen the tv mounted in a fixed position in the space down the bottom... looked okay IMO! forgot his nickname but his on here with a white ek dumped on gold g-games i think his nick is LowEK or something like that!
    hes from QLD yeah