Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Just be aware that earlier model ford, holden, magna's have a tendency to stretch the chassis if you are not using a heavy duty tow bar to tow cars, large caravans etc
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Also if your using a Magna, I would put an aftermarket auto oil cooler on it, as the auto's are weak as to begin with
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i removed the tow bar on my EG8 - the car struggled with people in the back seat let alone a few more hundred kg's attatched to the back lol

im sure it can be done within the legal limits - but i just didnt want to freak out my car lol
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    Quick Q.

Can one of these.
    VE Berlina

Tow this?
    quick answer = depends

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Yes ...
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Most medium to large FWD cars can only tow up to about 1600-1700kg max using a braked trailer. Basic car trailer weighs in at about 600kg so you would be pushing it towing integras but civic/crx might just scrape in. Can obviously tow heavier but you would exceed the rated weight for the vehicle= issues with insurance, police etc, dont think they wouldnt pull you over when the nose is high in the car from the overload and old rear springs... Either way you would need to take it very careful.

The more recent model V6 commodores and falcons tow over 2 tonnes so wouldn't have an issue, just make sure you have a correctly rated tow bar setup. Interestingly, a lot of the sporty spec V8s only go to 1600kg

If you want to know tow ratings just look on carsales, they have it in the specs for each car. Sometimes the same chassis can differ quite a lot depending on transmission, engine type or capacity
    Last edited by mooshie; 09-01-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

I use my Aurion to tow my car around. Been alright...
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    also remember that if you tow a heavy load at night time the front of your car will point up and alot of incoming traffic will think you have your high beams on

happens alot when falcons/commodores tow caravans
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1993 accord wag
    i seen a tr ts magna towin a swb pajero so not legal i towed a car trailer witha ute back on behind my v6 magna and it really felt it i recon it would strugle towing a small car behind one