Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch

Hello fellow Honda Lovers

I only just came across this forum 10 mintues ago and I decided to join.

I first fell in love with Hondas when I moved to Tyler, Texas USA.

I met a guy at a strip club over there ( Time Out it was called ) and we got to talking about cars. He invited me back to his workshop where he was working on his Mitsubishi Eclispse. He done the car up for show but I am all about speed.

One night we we working on his car his homies rolled up in civic hatchbacks, delsols, crx, s2000 and dare I say it Acura Integras. You could hear them coming a mile away.

I got to know his group of mates and I was invited along to a race night at the drag strip at hallsville, TX. These civics were beating mustangs, corvettes and even vipers. From that day on I fell in love.

I bought my first Honda from a shop in Dallas, I can't remember the name of the shop but it wasn't jotech.

It was a 1990 CRX with a JDM B16. The only thing I bought for this car was a vtec controller. This car went like the clappers, I had a lot of fun in this car until my good mate Marco gave me a drive in his EG Civic which had a JDM B18C. This car was doing high 12s in the 1/4 mile.

After driving this civic I bought an EG hatch he had for sale. I bought a complete JDM B18c half cut and installed it into my civic, I also bought a carbon fibre hood and a set of konig rims.

This car wasn't quick enough for me so we installed a turbonetics T70-1 turbo.

We had the block sleeved and rebuilt the entire bottom end and has the head ported and polished and stage 2 cams were added.

We took the car to the track and had 3 runs and I snapped 2 sets of axles when I launched and my third set half way down the track. I was running stage 2 axles. The car was putting out 600 hp at the wheels and I ran a 10.1 in the 1/4 with the broken
    axles.

I sold the car when I moved back to Aus and I would love to build another one but I would rather have a daily driver instead.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Hey Man, cool story, any pics?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    Nah mate, I never owned a camera while I was over there. I know my mates have some photos of the car though. They used them for a website over there.

There could be some on the east Texas imports forum if it's still active.

We use to street race every Friday and Saturday night.

We got busted from the cops a few times.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2, EM1
    high 12's with jdm b18c? lmao. specs?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    I dont have the specs for his car.

I don't know why you find it funny that he was running high 12s with a JDM B18c. Any thing is capable with the B series Honda motors. We use to run our own shop at Tyler. A group of us rented a shop so we had some where to work on our cars. Every now and then we would do work on other people's cars.

I know Marco has a K24 in his civic now.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    Boostn, I don't think you have enough experience with the B series motor.

Your only 19, you would of just started going through puberty when we were working on Hondas LMAO.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Post a link to the thread

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Hey bro welcome.

I think I might have bumped into you at race wars before,are you friends with Dominic Toretto by any chance?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    LOL jotech.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    "i met a guy @ a strip club"

Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    Well don't we have some funny fockers on here. The guy at the strip club was a bouncer.

The company I bought my first Honda from is called velocity performance.

Jotech are based at Garland, Texas. Here is the website for jotech http://jotechracing.com/

Here is a link to Marcos myspace account so you can see his civic with the K24 http://www.myspace.com/marcok24/photos

I haven't been able to find the east Texas imports forum.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda DelSol View Post
    Well don't we have some funny fockers on here. The guy at the strip club was a bouncer.

The company I bought my first Honda from is called velocity performance.

Jotech are based at Garland, Texas. Here is the website for jotech http://jotechracing.com/

Here is a link to Marcos myspace account so you can see his civic with the K24 http://www.myspace.com/marcok24/photos

I haven't been able to find the east Texas imports forum.
    welcome to ozhonda btw.
    whereabouts you living in AU? what state

check out diy/tech/all motor section for information.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre