Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crx 2bseen

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    So is this going to become a build thread mate?
    YEP lets start now..........

So took her for a drive today
    here's some things i noticed
    Its noisy. squeaky, rocky, a lil floaty
    It rides ruff it could be the coil overs, shockys stuffed ? how do i test it?
    Also it has stockish spring because it was pitted being too low before i bought it, so that wouldnt help with it being floaty .
    I know i need to swap the gear box over with a y1 i have at home but.. when the accelerator is backed and revs drop to 2000rpm there is a kick forward but the car could be moded in some way IDK. i think the box swap will help
    When i pulled up did smell a rubbery smell. some of the smell is the wheels rubbing in the gaurds around the corners. i think this might be the course of the uneven wear on the back wheels (ie wheel been swap from front to back). I thought the rubber smell could be the old rubbers being warn out and moving.

Any ideas and advise will be used lol
    I was going to get the mrs to drive it but atm she would crash lol
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    Its noisy. squeaky, rocky, a lil floaty
    It would have bit to do the coilover at the front (friem shock and hard spring rate) and stock shock and coil springs on the rear (soft spring and shock rate) And i think the Rear trailing arm bushes too would be the main problem Worn out badly and in need of replacement

The red bush in this photo

Would replace the bush first to see if it the problem (Me think 90% of it is the bushes) and then get match set of coilovers or shocks with low springs

EDIT: Was also think having balled edge on tyres won't help too so replace the tyres too
    Last edited by pat88c; 25-01-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Adding though on tyres
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    thanks bro what else should i look at replacing
    ill do some searchs and do some diy work on the new girl.
    I be doing a big service soon.
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Been trying to get my passenger side window going turns out it the drivers side main switch is broken and it wont let it go down but will let it go up.
    Where could i buy one?
    thanks
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    06 DC5 Lux AUTO
    nice, but you lost me at beige interior hehe =p

EDIT: P.S. keep posting pics. Pics are awesome!
    Last edited by Demanufacturer; 27-01-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    -----
    Selling my Black EK in VIC cheap! Click here.

Don't hate. Educate.

Member Array
    Car:
    88 CRX B16a
    i think i have a Main Drivers Switch that i could sell you, Would need to test it out to make sure it works (i think its damaged :/ )

EDIT: found and connected it up, switch works fine

Im also experiencing some squeezes and groans with my suspension, I have heard some people degreaser and pressure washing under the car/wheel wells to fix this, tempted to try this myself this weekend and hopefully remove like 10yrs of dirt
    Last edited by bboyzell; 31-01-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyzell View Post
    i think i have a Main Drivers Switch that i could sell you, Would need to test it out to make sure it works (i think its damaged :/ )

EDIT: found and connected it up, switch works fine

Im also experiencing some squeezes and groans with my suspension, I have heard some people degreaser and pressure washing under the car/wheel wells to fix this, tempted to try this myself this weekend and hopefully remove like 10yrs of dirt
    pm me a price brother
    Might give it a go. take some degreaser to a car wash hit it the pressure wash it. wont hurt to Try
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    I decided to have a lil play with the crx to fix a few in car things.
    I had a window problem on the passenger side. No movement from the motor and no sounds from it.
    So pulled the door skin of for a look.
    I was going to take pics but got dirty n did want to ruin the camera (LAZY).
    I took the window out and all of the metal work for the window
    Checked the metal work for any damage to the cogs n that. So that was a easy check.
    So I had the motor in my hand looked at it n thought. surely i can fix this.
    There is 3 screws on the bigger bottom end. Its not worth looking at because you can do any thing there
    With the top you can undo 2 Screw (cant remember if was 2).
    Inside is the pin that moves the window up and down.
    When taking the pin out be careful of the bushes (is it bushes or brushes?) and springs popping out. Its more watch the springs.
    In my case the bushes werent too bad. it was more the springs being dirty and not pushing the bushes to make the circuit. easy fix.
    I did end for end the bushes to make the circut like new. The bushes had rounded over time so with rotating it its like new
    Pluged the motor back in and tested it. i got noise but only one way on the switch. Thought it was the motor but tested it with another switch from my other crx. still had the same problem.
    So i tried the drivers side with another switch that was the problem. Still very easy to fix.

Turns out if you lock the crx with the windows open the alarm shuts them lol. NICEEEEE
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    88 CRX B16a
    This is probably a bit late to try but still, for future reference

One thing i have learnt off my old man, was that a quick and easy way to test if it the motor of the window that is faulty

is to connect up a 12 volt source, i used a jumper pack, and unpluged the connector for the window motor in the door skin
    and with the jumper pack i connected some wire to it and used it to prob the earth and positive pins on the window motor

This should Force the motor to either move the glass up or down, if you swap the wire over and touch it the opposite pins,
    it should force the motor to go the opposite direction of what it just went.

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyzell View Post
    This is probably a bit late to try but still, for future reference

One thing i have learnt off my old man, was that a quick and easy way to test if it the motor of the window that is faulty

is to connect up a 12 volt source, i used a jumper pack, and unpluged the connector for the window motor in the door skin
    and with the jumper pack i connected some wire to it and used it to prob the earth and positive pins on the window motor

This should Force the motor to either move the glass up or down, if you swap the wire over and touch it the opposite pins,
    it should force the motor to go the opposite direction of what it just went.
    ^^^^^ yep this a really good way to test it.
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    had a look in the ecu. Tell me is this a after market chip ?
    The ecu is pwo. pwo is labeled on the chip

Last edited by THE 2BSEEN; 01-02-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    My style

Member Array
    Car:
    7x CRX, 1x EK
    Its a lil cleaner

What about engraved windows

My style