Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Just recived the RMF header rep from an Ebay seller, but i am not sure if am happy with it. The collector seems to be intented in and not round. The ports don't seem to be very round and around the welds and up the runners there is a sticky yellow substance.

Would you return it if you were in my shoes or am i just splitting hairs? Or jsut not worry about it and get the exhaust shop to try and round the collector.

Thanks

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by VT3C View Post
    you get what you pay for bro - some people learn the hard way from buying cheap fake sh1t.

Why do people think this RMF header is so good ? it's really not a very good design in any way.. super tight bends, many join welds (these arent smooth on the inside yo) and then the ground clearance is worse than any other 4-1's i've seen. just because it looks wild with pipes going everywhere doesnt mean it's good for power delivery.

FYi B-series ports are not round - they are kinda squared-off.. but those ports look like a blind-man was given a dremel for his birthday.

buy my Mugen 4-1 instead LOL.
    I bought one for my civic ages ago it was excellent, made awesome power and the quality absolutely destroyed this one, which is why i went to buy another, but not from the same seller. Clearance was **** too:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...73#post2315073
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...13#post2120813

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    what seller was it if i may ask
    PM sent
    Last edited by infurNOS; 27-01-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    lol just because something isnt branded doesnt mean its shit, the rmf rep i tested back to back vs the toda 4-2-1 was very similiar on my dyno graph.
    toda producing more torque downlow and the rmf making more hp up top.
    did you not look at the photos ? LMFAO.

if you want to rock fake shit and support pirates go for it.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Whats wrong with supporting these guys >?

LOL but seriously, the rep i had would bum rape that rep in terms of quality and welds

just disputed through paypal for the ENTIRE amount, fingers crossed
    EG

the good news is the seller has offered a full refund, the bad news is it will cost me over $160 to return it
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Aharrr THOSE pirates are ok haha. Yeah that faker in the pics is what am talking about.
    You can get quality replicas and often made by same manufacturer than the originals but i work in an industry where your intellectual property and designs are your bread and butter. You have to support the manufacturers that spend the r and d on these products or you make it less viable for these companies to exist.. we've all heard the rant before lol.. but from personal experience with fake or replica parts, you get what you pay for in terms of quality, fitment and function in general.
    When i was broke, i would never have had any mods if it werent for fakes, but i learnt my lesson and in the long term, genuine parts pay for themselves but if you are just going to play with the car for a year or two, not much point investing big dollars in genuine parts.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If it were me, just get the collector rounded, clean the yellow shizz, and have the primaries ported a bit so they're better shaped, unless of course you actually want to start with a decent product in which case just buy the genuine and not a BS rep.

I got this header a few weeks ago from ebay. It was about $180 inc delivery. For the price I am extremely happy with it and wouldnt even consider going with a top dollar item next time. The only thing I can find that isnt up to scratch is inside the collector. I think the top dollar ones would be better tapered? has any one got a pic to compare?

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Get a 1ft length of 2.25" steam pipe & wack it in a vice.
    Put the collector end over it & beat it back to shape with a wooden of teflon hammer.

Clean the yellow crap off with carby cleaner...

Use a oil stone to check the flannel is flat, & check the ports basically line up with the gasket.

Other than that, don't expect top shelf parts when you bought eBay crap.
    Last edited by TODA AU; 28-01-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: wack not wacky :p
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Yeh, sorry to say, but when you buy replica, don't expect anything of any sort of quality... That looks rubbish...
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Quote Originally Posted by DNYALL View Post
    Yeh, sorry to say, but when you buy replica, don't expect anything of any sort of quality... That looks rubbish...
    this is my second replica, the first one was flawless
    EG