Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    There is no easy way to learn to spray paint. There are many "instruction" videos on youtube, some are quite reasonable, others are useless. It will take many failures, if you try to teach yourself. You really do need some one on one training if you hope to learn reasonably quickly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    Not right, If you wanna learn anything in your life, you do it and you learn from your mistakes. Do some research for the basics and start from there. All these Uni, colleges, Tafe or whatever are Almost crap.
    I am Painting my car By myself never sprayed anything in my life. But i know that I wanna learn how to spray paint. Also You will save too much money doing jobs by yourself.
    hmetro24 what about if you make mistakes that prove costly? I mean I'm all for self teaching, believe me I encourage as much growth as possible but it's not like it's an easy fix if something goes wrong. I mean professionals paint cars and wow a few months later their work turns up all messed up. Lucky for warranty service but do you get where I'm coming from? It's just a really expensive trial isn't it?

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by imrtal View Post
    hmetro24 what about if you make mistakes that prove costly? I mean I'm all for self teaching, believe me I encourage as much growth as possible but it's not like it's an easy fix if something goes wrong. I mean professionals paint cars and wow a few months later their work turns up all messed up. Lucky for warranty service but do you get where I'm coming from? It's just a really expensive trial isn't it?
    Mistakes, You do it again. Lets say paint cost me around 350$ include sand papers,block...
    if you wanna take the car for a shop to paint it, it will cost you 1500$ easy. Also like eg, ek, is like waste of money to get High quality paint or painted in a shop.
    First you start with small panels than go bigger, until you have confident.
    What mistakes cost much money ???

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Mistakes, You do it again. Lets say paint cost me around 350$ include sand papers,block...
    if you wanna take the car for a shop to paint it, it will cost you 1500$ easy. Also like eg, ek, is like waste of money to get High quality paint or painted in a shop.
    First you start with small panels than go bigger, until you have confident.
    What mistakes cost much money ???
    I wish you all the best in your respray maybe post some pics when you're done .. could be the beginning of new and bright future.

Here's a thread I put up on another forum. Might give you some tips and help you decide if you want to give it a go.

http://www.crxaustralia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9235

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    This is a touch up job I have done Today. Not Bad for first time

Uploaded with

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    This is a touch up job I have done Today. Not Bad for first time

Uploaded with
    Ooooooo very very nice! Well done babe looks awesome.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Red is my fav colour and normally reds is very cheeky colour.

Prices have ranged for me:
    My em1 (1st try @ home)= $890 total cost paint sand paper primer etc etc renting the compressor and pot for the boys. It came out good but wavey on the sides looked good for what it cost me. But Im perfectionist.
    2nd try on the em1 (professional tupac red) = $2200 - cheap as i didnt have dents or rust and i prep'd @ home.
    My eg just got a quote professional milano red this time quoted 4.6K as its got a fair bit of dents and rust to fix. Doors closed btw cars red already.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport FD2
    Price: I am getting my car resprayed with a custom colour & repair of damages all for $3000, just dropped it off yesterday. He works to perfection, seen it first hand.
    Where: its located at 42 heathcote road liverpool, The guys name is jay 0421272474.
    Hope that helped
    If my post was useful, please give a Good Post Quality (PQ) Point

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    What brand of paint does he use?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    painting like a boss hmetro!

I tried spray canning my lip like a boss and skimped out a bit on the prep - the old paint was a bit chipped so i sanded it enough to paint on.. and then did 3 coats of primer, 3 of colour and 2 of clear.

It's gone scaly :S but i laugh anyway cos we weren't serious about it
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC