Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    As far as I know, if the modification didnt directly cause the accident the insurer can't void your policy because of it.
    Just get some decent coilovers, I can put money on 99.9% of cops never looking at them. This way you can atleast choose your height to exactly how you want it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    ^^ this man knows

I've been defected 3 times, never had a cop ask/say anything about my suspension type.

Hell even when I cleared my defect and had the same cop that defected me clear it, he asked who raised it and I said me and he didn't even question what I used. They are more Interested in it being too low more so than, what's making it too low.
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    Hey guys,

QLD transport finally got back to me, so I figured I'd post up their response for anyone that might get defected etc.. THEY ARE LEGAL!

Thank you for your email enquiry to the Department of Transport and Main Roads (the department) regarding vehicle suspension.

The fitting of after market coil over suspension is permitted so long as the original vehicle mounting is utilised and no alteration to the vehicle structure is undertaken.

Suspension Lowering

The department permits you to lower your vehicle's ride height by adjusting the suspension. The rebound travel measured between the rubber rebound stop and the corresponding metal stop (or the extension of the shock absorber for vehicles without a rebound stop) may be reduced by no more than one third (1/3) of the original manufacturer's specification.

This is classified as a "minor modification", and does not require formal written approval, and can be modified by approval granted by the booklet (all about modifications to motor vehicles) this booklet may be found on the internet at:: www.tmr.qld.gov.au, and search for "All about modifications to motor vehicles" refer to page-5, alternatively you may attend any Customer Service Centre and pick up the booklet.

I trust this answers your enquiry. Should you have further enquiries please contact Vehicle Standards & Modification Advice on:- 31145844, Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (Wednesday, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm).

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by mattatnoosa View Post
    Hey guys,

QLD transport finally got back to me, so I figured I'd post up their response for anyone that might get defected etc.. THEY ARE LEGAL!

Thank you for your email enquiry to the Department of Transport and Main Roads (the department) regarding vehicle suspension.

The fitting of after market coil over suspension is permitted so long as the original vehicle mounting is utilised and no alteration to the vehicle structure is undertaken.

Suspension Lowering

The department permits you to lower your vehicle's ride height by adjusting the suspension. The rebound travel measured between the rubber rebound stop and the corresponding metal stop (or the extension of the shock absorber for vehicles without a rebound stop) may be reduced by no more than one third (1/3) of the original manufacturer's specification.

This is classified as a "minor modification", and does not require formal written approval, and can be modified by approval granted by the booklet (all about modifications to motor vehicles) this booklet may be found on the internet at:: www.tmr.qld.gov.au, and search for "All about modifications to motor vehicles" refer to page-5, alternatively you may attend any Customer Service Centre and pick up the booklet.

I trust this answers your enquiry. Should you have further enquiries please contact Vehicle Standards & Modification Advice on:- 31145844, Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (Wednesday, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm).

Lol that's great...