Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I cant drive a manual very well and pretty lazy - so its auto for me.

I would opt for a manual if I knew early that HONDA are such a bunch of dochebags when it comes to automatics.

I am sure I will be in for a tranny replacement in abt a year or so (even now with REdline fluid)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    ive got a 6speed manual and love it. a mate of mine is selling his auto euro to get a manual after he drove mine for a day.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I love my auto,as its so smooth
    quiet,and refined,but at the end of the day,its really what YOU prefer...

love my auto , so smooth as other say and its a pleasure to drive

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro, S15
    I own a manual. Drove auto, and its not the same car. Auto is slower, lazier, boring, but easy to drive.
    If you have half a clue when it comes to driving and dont mind being more involved when driving, get a manual. Better fuel economy, goes better, feels like a sports car.
    What is popular is not always right. What is right is not always popular.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Are you a man. Lol jokes if u like the auto just get it.

Quote Originally Posted by adis View Post
    Feels like a sports car.
    Once I overtook a Prius! VTEC POWARRRR?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Eu
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    no way! proof or it never happened

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury
    I was sick of stop start traffic in Sydney so when I upgrade from my Civic to a new Euro I got Auto.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    I have never driven the manual version but I am kind of glad I didn't so I don't know what I'm missing. I got an auto because it's mainly the missus wheels. I find it quite boring as I need to change gears. To get a fix I drive my high performance non turbo diesel Hilux.

Seriously though I did ask Honda about the manual box when I bought it and they said you are generally up for a clutch at around 150 to 200K and they are not a cheap item. Are they pulling my leg? I thought that was a bit lowish. I sold my Landcruiser with 300K on the clock and the original clutch. I reckon it's all about driving style. My wife sold her Pulsar with 350K on the original clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by aldo10 View Post
    I have never driven the manual version but I am kind of glad I didn't so I don't know what I'm missing. I got an auto because it's mainly the missus wheels. I find it quite boring as I need to change gears. To get a fix I drive my high performance non turbo diesel Hilux.
    You are missing one of the sweetest shifting manual gearboxes in the business, better acceleration and sharper throttle response. The only issue is that the driveline can lurch at low speeds/RPM in first if you're not careful with the clutch/throttle.

Fuel economy is much of a wash, the Honda automatics do very well for fuel economy.

Quote Originally Posted by aldo10 View Post
    Seriously though I did ask Honda about the manual box when I bought it and they said you are generally up for a clutch at around 150 to 200K and they are not a cheap item. Are they pulling my leg? I thought that was a bit lowish. I sold my Landcruiser with 300K on the clock and the original clutch. I reckon it's all about driving style. My wife sold her Pulsar with 350K on the original clutch.
    Seriously, getting more than 300,000 km out of a clutch is extraordinary. It all depends on how you drive it and how kind you are on the clutch, you and your wife must do a lot of highway driving or be extremely gentle on your clutches and take off driving downhill all the time If you get more than 160,000km out of a clutch, that's pretty good.

While Honda Automatic transmissions are reliable, I would still expect servicing costs for an automatic to be higher over the life of the vehicle, and when you factor in that you have to pay a $2,300 premium up front for the automatic, a cost to replace the manual clutch 10 years down the track doesn't sound so bad.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    pics or it didn't happen :P
    what gets wet ...while its drying?