Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R

Reducing Wheel Spin

hey oz!

this might belong to noob thread but i want to reduce my wheel spin before i take it to the quater mile. taking off its okay but its when i shift into 2nd gear and wheel spins pretty hard. the last time i thrashed my car a few months ago it was good but i took it out for a hit yesterday and 2nd gear lagged pretty hard. just after some advice on mods or driving advice? lol

pretty much got 15x8 enkeis with re01s (good tread), skunk2 proc coilovers and camber kit with dead level settings all around. i also want to avoid putting semis on atm $$

heres a video i took when i gave it a hit yesterday and on my channel i got the video where i ripped it 3 months ago

btw i rarely drive my car and when i do drive it i rarely rip it. so i dont want to get flamed for dumb thread or being a hoon. ive rip it like 3 times since i done the conversion lol.

thanks..
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Work on your timing between clutch and accel. You are probably coming off the clutch too hard while the revs are still up which will cause wheel spin.

In saying that though a drag strip is alot more grippy than the street, so it may not be a problem - just get out there and give it a run!

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    on the track should be different u will grip alot more than on the street but i think thats usually on take off im not sure about by the time u snap seconds

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    yeah maybe i do need to work on timing ay. dont really like hooning it up and down the street practicing my shifts. gotta hit up the track, only sensible way to find out!

so no mods or upgrades that will help this besides semis?
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Control arm bushes can help with traction, but i'd say you just need to lay off the clutch for a fraction

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    thanks senna. but i dont think i ride the clutch at all? ill give it another shot though when this dumb rain goes.

planning to replace front lca and rta bushes to the hardrace soon anyways. mine keeps cracking over time and i keep replacing em with cheapo used ones. replaced rear lca to f7 so thats all the bushes done.
    Last edited by JPR28610; 11-02-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    man! you make me want a eg with a b18cr! xD! nice ride!

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    man thats a fukload of wheelspin for a b18, how much power are you making?

what are your tyre specs and what psi do you run them on?

you can try raising the rear height or drop the front a little, should help a bit.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    thanks man..
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    man thats a fukload of wheelspin for a b18, how much power are you making?

what are your tyre specs and what psi do you run them on?

you can try raising the rear height or drop the front a little, should help a bit.
    yeah i know man. havent dyno'd it yet, waiting on my s300. i mean cant be making that much power?

tyres are 205/50 15 with 36psi all around. ive drop the front as much as i could before it rubs the guards. tyres control really good around corners or even when taking off at 4k rpm.. its just when i snap 2nds

i havent even strip the interior yet for the track and im assuming it will spin more with less weight?
    Last edited by JPR28610; 12-02-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    You could drop your front tyre pressures a bit I reckon. Maybe soften the front dampers a bit as well but leave the rears stiff

Im not sure if its just calder park thats crap or every strip is the same.. But from the time I went, traction on the track is halved, was a complete shock to me.

I'm able to launch perfect on the street but at calder wheelspin was crazy to control.

So if your like that on the street you might have some serious issues at the strip