Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Pum[Z], of course as is usual I'll give a little review on my thoughts about it and pass it on.

euro77, sadly I think from following the TSX threads on another forum I tend to think it does need the weld, though I could be wrong. They have done a good weld job on the outside of the flex pipe section to flange, so maybe improving the quality of that weld was sufficient. Oh and nick want's one, surely you've got paypal

Ferrarista, noobish questions are always good. At this stage I don't know, several more hp I imagine at best, however power deliver should be smoother from low rpm to redline. :xfingers:

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    It's about 5HP @ the wheels for the DC Sports.. and it's measured in SAE measurement AFAIK so it might read a little less on our local dynos....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Black
    Nice!! wanna know more installation detail .

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1, CL9
    tats very nice Matell... good luck on the installation : )

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    oooooh nice stuff mattell!!!
    besides build quality, is there anything else much diff. to the comptech headers? (besides it being stainless steel and teh D2 being ceramic)?
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Honda Accord Euro
    very nice matell... can't wait for your dyno..

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    I'm waiting for my DC Sports headers to clear customs but hopefully I'll have them before the weekend and be fitting them then. I plan to attempt to fit them myself and will most likely take a few photo's but the guides on http://tsx.acurazine.com/ are very detailed and probably better than what I could put together.

Baboo's headers are known most commonly as Maxim Works. I have a set fitted to my MX5 and they truly are a work of art. Here's some photo's of mine when they first arrived before being fitted.

http://www.prosperion.com.au/maximworks/

The flanges are billet stainless steel and the welds and bends are impeccable. There are lots of close-up photo's on that site.

DC Sports headers are a bargain though at a fraction of the cost and seem to do a pretty good job based on the information available on http://tsx.acurazine.com/.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Indeed the MaximWorks are works of Art when it comes to headers, their quality, build and finish is unsurpassed.. But what about the net gains at the wheels?

With a MW set, you could have purchased at least 4 sets of DC Sports headers. Also that, DC Sports uses Mild Steel (Which will rust) but is Ceremic Coated but once scratched, I'd be worried.

CompTech ones being Stainless Steel will naturally cost more.

As for the DC Sports ones for the Euro, it's an entry level system that is both affordable and with proven gains, minus their earlier cracking problem heeheeheeh...\

With reference from Matell, I'm also giving the seller an email to purchase one too and I'll try to do a DIY install on it when it arrives
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport

Member Array
    Car:
    450kwCRX-DC2R-CBR600rr
    For the Price the headers are ok.. but from my testing so far.. hmm there are better options ...darn i love the euro ;-) lots of hidden power from cams, headers, tuning.. or even supercharging them ;-)

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCRX
    For the Price the headers are ok.. but from my testing so far.. hmm there are better options ...darn i love the euro ;-) lots of hidden power from cams, headers, tuning.. or even supercharging them ;-)
    I'm following up on Skunk2 Cams.. Are they good ? Or you guys have something better ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Well just following up thanks to the opinions of the guys in the US, these are infact the "fixed" version. The ceramic coating is a pain. When I took them out of the box I noticed a few little nicks on one of the pipes of the 4-2 section. It came from the way DC packs them into the box with only folded cardboard keeping the plastic bagged 4-2, and 2-1 sections apart. There's also an area on the 2-1 section bend that looks to have hard some of the coating rubbed off against the inside of the bag. There is coating there it's just thinner than everywhere else. It's to be expected from the way they're packed, so I thought DC may've used a little more common sense and surrounded them in foam, or air cell packaging. I'll probably give the areas a light touch up with some matt silver high temp brake paint overspray unless advised otherwise.

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    For the Price the headers are ok.. but from my testing so far.. hmm there are better options
    What headers would you recommend for the greatest gain on the Euro?

thanks
    Rod