Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Supercheap sometimes has a good deal on the 3T jack stands for $20. But you need a jack that goes high to get them under the car.
    OEM parts whore

Thanks for the feedback. Went to super cheap preston on sunday. They are supposed to close at 4.30, i got there at 4.20 and the pricks had closed the door. When someone walked out i got in, and at exactly 4.30 they turned all the lights off in the shop, then a guy complained and they turned a few back on. Didn't have enough time to look at the jacks, so got some meguiar's scratch X and gold class leather cleaner & conditioner

Will have to go back and check them out, but they are no longer 20% off

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Stay away from pin stands,
    They're dangerous & can collapse sideways.
    If this happenes & you're under the car, you're dead.
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

I used the scissor jack that comes in the cars boot for the last 2 years, finally bought a costco jack, top ten purchase of my life lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    The jack from Costco is alright =]
    Quote Originally Posted by boboz81 View Post
    I used the scissor jack that comes in the cars boot for the last 2 years, finally bought a costco jack, top ten purchase of my life lol
    Agree! The costco jack is probably the best jack ive bought haha cheap, looks sick! and works a treat, clears all the slammed cars ive use it on so far aswell.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Quote Originally Posted by xjm View Post
    Well i got a SCA 1400 Trolley Jack & I wouldnt recommend it, as at its highest point, it sags abit/looses pressure (like 1cm-1.5cm due to the weight of the civic eg) & was quite disappointed at its height limit as my standard car jack could do higher.

Im not sure if those Ratchet Type axel stands if you can comfortable lift your cars height higher once youve lifted your car with the trolley jack? My axle stands where just the pin type and had no lever on it, so I could only get to use the first pin up, which was a useless height the same - (im 5'8ish and it wasnt comfortable working under the car at all.)

Dont know how frequent you want to work under your car in the future, but Id recommend a bigger heavy duty trolley jack + Axle stands. I prefer Ramps instead of Axle stands - due to more stability in my opinion.

Tip though: using ramps make sure you have someone checking you go up it, I always sh*t bricks going up mine in my civic (without that extension for lower cars)
    i got the exact same jack as you i think, got it for $20.

Does the job fine, hasn't sagged or lost pressure on me.

my method of working under the car isn't safe for shit, but does the job.

i jack up 1 side, put a few yellow page books underneath, remove jack and jack up other side. thats it lol. OH&S whutttT?
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    manage to pick up the ratchet type jack stands from sca for $20 instead of those pin type. cheering

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    i always put 2 steelies or whatever wheels that car have under the car.
    if it fall down, id probaly die of heart aytac
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    i always put 2 steelies or whatever wheels that car have under the car.
    if it fall down, id probaly die of heart aytac

what you did there, i see it.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Whatever u do, put proper old school heavy duty type jack stands under any car before going underneath, i had a very bad incident struk me and am lucky to be alive, i went under the car with a scissor jack on my Radiator support and it collaped while me being under if it wasnt for my extractors being off, i wouldnt have been so lucky my idiotic mistake well learnt from! Becarefull guys
    Say Wahh

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Personally I keep my pin-style jack stands on the lowest level (not actually utilising the pin). They just don't look tough enough with the pin lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    personally i prefer stands and a good quality hydraulic jack. It always seems difficult to drive a fwd car up onto ramps.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation