Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    I've heard nothing but positive comments on the Rainbow range, however I haven't personally heard them. I personally love Focal speakers, my Poly-K's have kept me extremely happy, and they are no where near your range. Do you mind me asking how much a set of Z6's usually go for?

Cheers,
    Javed

Quote Originally Posted by Javed
    I've heard nothing but positive comments on the Rainbow range, however I haven't personally heard them. I personally love Focal speakers, my Poly-K's have kept me extremely happy, and they are no where near your range. Do you mind me asking how much a set of Z6's usually go for?

Cheers,
    Javed
    i got them for cheap at the time, about a year ago i paid 1500

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I have Rainbow speakers in my car (an older model) and am more than happy with them. I would have no hesitation in buying Rainbow again or reccomending them; However for the amount of cash you have to spend to get them and install the properly, you'd want to have a good listen to anything yourself before you buy.
    Intentionally Left Blank

Quote Originally Posted by micka
    I have Rainbow speakers in my car (an older model) and am more than happy with them. I would have no hesitation in buying Rainbow again or reccomending them; However for the amount of cash you have to spend to get them and install the properly, you'd want to have a good listen to anything yourself before you buy.
    ow muh you ay forthem if you dont mind me asking

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I got them second hand, so they were a lot below retail. I have also heard the rainbow platinum line speakers (friend got them when he was in germany) and they are awesome, imho. RRP for Rainbow CS 275.28 Platinum $3,498.00; CS 265.28 Platinum $2,098.00.
    I am not sure of the difference between the two models.
    Last edited by micka; 16-06-2005 at 11:53 PM.
    Intentionally Left Blank

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by [zeth]
    How about z6, do yous reckon it's overpriced ?
    No not really, compare them to other similar priced speakers and you will say that the Z6's are on top.

Just remember these arent speakers that you crank doof doof through. If people can get past the doof doof stage then they will see a whole new world open up to them with QUALITY audio.

There are a few brands that stand out over the rest, which include...

Boston (Pro & Z series)
    Rainbow
    Morel (Elate series)
    Dynaudio
    Phass
    Eton
    Scanspeak
    Focal
    Phoenix Gold (Titanium series)

and I'm sure there are others out there that I have forgotten to mention...

Also not to forget that certain speakers suit certain genre better than others so brand is one thing to go off, reputation to reproduce the music accurately is another.

It all comes down to what you want out of them and how much you are willing to spend.

Just remember this little saying, "A cheap speaker properly installed will almost always out perform an expensive speaker poorly installed".

The decision is up to you and how deep your pockets are...
    Last edited by ICACHA; 17-06-2005 at 02:38 PM.
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!