Thread: CVT-7 Software

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR

CVT-7 Software

Just wanted to put the question out there . . . I get the feeling that when you take the Jazz in for a service, the technicians do something with the CVT. Everytime I get the car back the CVT seems to behave slightly differently. The missus confirms this too.

For eg, at the 10,000kms service, it felt like the CVT was quicker to respond to throttle application. And now after the 20,000kms service the CVT seems to be allowing the car to pull up smoothly without that annoying "release" once you're at about 20kph as you're slowing down.

So maybe they update the software that controls the CVT-7 behaviour?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by racinghonda
    So maybe they update the software that controls the CVT-7 behaviour?
    It would be foolish to think that firmware patches aren't applied by mechanics when you have your serviced.

It'd be nice to see some stronger evidence though. I've got a service coming up so I'll see if I notice anything.

So I'd say its very possible but I don't know how likely.

- Andrew

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    Yeah I agree. I just can't think of anything else that can alter the behaviour of the CVT like this. I doubt an oil change would do that.

No if they would let it rev slightly into the redline . . . .

Member Array
    Car:
    E
    Possibly the engine has run in nicely after this time?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    possibly the mechanic reset the ecu,
    I dont think they would flash your auto trannt ecu for the hell of it.

also the mechanic probably drove it hard on the road test to make sure everything is fine, you ecu learns this type of driving and trims performance to suit, you jump in and drive miss daisy arount and the ecu then trims back

Member Array
    Car:
    E
    Also think its very rare for honda to be connecting into your ecu for a service.. they only do it if i ask them too

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN
    also the mechanic probably drove it hard on the road test to make sure everything is fine, you ecu learns this type of driving and trims performance to suit, you jump in and drive miss daisy arount and the ecu then trims back
    hmmm, I dunno, I drive the thing pretty damn hard. Love surprising ppl who think its slow.

But anyway, it guess it could just be placebo effect of having the car serviced. But I'm pretty sensitive to the behaviour of the car and am sure that the CVT-7 was behaving differently. Then again after driving my lude heaps, the Jazz does feel like a magic carpet.

Member Array
    Car:
    03 gli 325000ks
    my manual feels smoother after a service too....

most engines will

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S Chilli R56
    Quote Originally Posted by 08ESE
    my manual feels smoother after a service too....

most engines will
    my manual jazz feel the same too.... gear shift feels alot more smoother....

Yeah I just had my 20,000 km service last week and the manual CVT gear change seems smoother.
    Although I installed some ground wires soon after the service also so that may have made a difference to the acceleration as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    Just had my 90,000km service. Still feels the same as normal.. hasn't ever changed for me..

- Andrew