Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    Mine isn't here just yet, it's been held up at Customs apparently so no DC-Sports-headers-joy for me this weekend.

Does a high flow cat make much difference in our car?

Will the DC Sports headers bolt up to the standard cat?

thanks
    Rod
    Last edited by jolt; 17-06-2005 at 10:07 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    from what i can gather, these dc headers 'will not' affect our warranty?
    Don't presume that just because you read on the US websites that their warranty isn't affected that ours won't be either. They have very different policies to Honda Australia.

The best rule of thumb is so long as the headers can't be blamed directly or indirectly for whatever may go wrong with your car, then it should be fixed under warranty.

Rod

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    Well i know that's the case in the US, and i personally think it would affect warranty here. Anything you seem to do to your car seems to have some negative feedback from Honda when it comes to warranty.

'The best rule of thumb is so long as the headers can't be blamed directly or indirectly for whatever may go wrong with your car, then it should be fixed under warranty.'

Those bastards would try and do anything to put blame on ANY aftermarket product. That's the impression i got when i pointed out that their prices for their crappy clutch was BS, and that i could get a nice aftermarket one which could do i'm sure confidently a better job.

So in some areas i'm still a bit cautious before i put this and that in the car which is somewhat understandable.

But thanks for the feedback!
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    good value and nice finish

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    hey to all the people with the DC sports header

how are you finding it? is it worth installing on an auto Euro ?

I found a US seller who has the injen cai US$219.24 (290.969 AUD) and the DC sports header US $278.55 (369.705 AUD). Are these good prices for the items? not including postage of course, which would be around $100 or less im assuming. so a total of US$497.79 (660.742 AUD)

thanks

edit:

Shipping to Other country: $200 S&H and $10 insurance fee required. Import tax may apply, but item will be shipped as a gift if requested.

dam thats a lot, pushes the total up to around $800, whereas this ebay australia seller is selling them both for $899 inc postage, mite as well pay the $100 and avoid all that hassle that comes with importing product?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Last edited by kam; 23-01-2006 at 08:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Quote Originally Posted by kam
    hey to all the people with the DC sports header

how are you finding it? is it worth installing on an auto Euro ?

I found a US seller who has the injen cai US$219.24 (290.969 AUD) and the DC sports header US $278.55 (369.705 AUD). Are these good prices for the items? not including postage of course, which would be around $100 or less im assuming. so a total of US$497.79 (660.742 AUD)

thanks

edit:

Shipping to Other country: $200 S&H and $10 insurance fee required. Import tax may apply, but item will be shipped as a gift if requested.

dam thats a lot, pushes the total up to around $800, whereas this ebay australia seller is selling them both for $899 inc postage, mite as well pay the $100 and avoid all that hassle that comes with importing product?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
    Not sure about on an auto as mine was on a manual. Gains are only felt above 3000rpm or so, and below that it looses a bit of torque compared to standard. The engine does spin up and gain revs more freely however, and I've been too lazy/never got around to dynoing mine before it broke.

Which brings me onto my next point.....quality....I've decided if I could do it again I wouldn't buy the DC Header.....hissing is a little annoying even once you've grown used to it....flex pipe is too short, which in my case lead to the flex pipe cracking...resulting in a leak and faulty primary A/F sensor. Yes it was a "fixed model" and didn't have an issue with the flange coming away from the flexpipe...the flex pipe was just too short and not flexible enough.

As for the price I got my Injen for less than that as it was shipped through a friend via USPS. Ask the seller if they'll ship via USPS, it's cheaper, and more often than not it only takes a few days longer. Due to the wonderful free trade agreement anf the fact both these product's are Made in the USA you won't have to worry about most of the fees. I for one have never had to pay any further charges.

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    hello. i emailed the seller and asked him how much just for the CAI, and he said $399, thats inc postage. is that good price you reckon ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Quote Originally Posted by kam
    hello. i emailed the seller and asked him how much just for the CAI, and he said $399, thats inc postage. is that good price you reckon ?
    If it's AUD, yep.

Member Array
    Car:
    Evo IX > Euro '06

nope

i got the injen cai for my 06 euro delivered from wholehyper for 235 US including shipping when he had the sale, not sure if its still on.. that was a few weeks ago

that came to about close to 300 bucks only

i have an auto lux and performance wise... i definately notice a bit more oomfff....

the tyres also do a little skip when u floor it from standing, but the sweetest thing is that deep growl which is very very loud, and people tell me they expect to see a type R roaring down the street not a euro lol

lastly... on the topic of fees and duty and import taxes...
    if the items u purchase are 1000AUD or more you will get taxed. at 1000 bucks roughtly your looking at being taxed ~270 bucks more.
    so make sure you organise with the seller to get.. ah.. how should you say.. things altered to ensure you don't pay extra taxes if you purchase anything worth over 1000AUD.

shipping items seperately should be another good way i reckon
    Last edited by hengis; 26-01-2006 at 08:11 PM.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    the tax, im not so sure about because i didnt get taxed at all when i had my greddy EVO2 shipped from the states. and taht cost me 1200AUD. Maybe i was lucky? i dunno. but i know for sure i didnt get taxed

The injen, i got for 214 USD, which came to about 350 or somethin from memory incl. shipping.
    me and timbo (perth_euro) got it from the same guy. KURUMA MOTORING on EBAY.
    Very happy with this mod. sounds so mean!!!! lol my friend thought it was a rexy hooning down the street when i redlined it.
    you will not be sorry when u install this mod. however, beware of this one bolt holding the resonator in place when u go about removing the OEM air filter and resonator. that one little bolt is a real PITA.
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    Car:
    2JZ w/2 snails
    thanks for all your feedback guys

i found the ebay seller karuma motoring, heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INJEN...32581184QQrdZ1

201.60 USD= 268.051 AUD. plus postage of course, still, out of all the sellers, thats the cheapest ive seen in Injen CAI go for. thanks stephen 8512

Also, what color did you guys get?
    polished silver

or
    powercoated black

and, did you guys have it in short ram , or full cai mode? thanks heaps

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Euro 6sp Mt & 02 CRV
    I got mine from Kurama motors as well, didnt have to pay any taxes. THey seem pretty realible.
    but you might wanna try www.TsxParts.com
    he's selling it for $235 shipped which is a excellent price.

most of the guys around got it in silver, myself included.

most of them run it CAI as well.

i did the install myself so few tips.

Its heaps easier if you remove the front bumper as there's is a bolt near the back of the foglight thats a PITA if you just try and reach in to undo it.

when you reroute the coolant line, becareful as it might be hot and spilling about, get a towel to pick up the spilt coolant.

I've driven through heavy rain and its fine, i try to roll over puddles of water though. I've got one of those AEM bypass valve that is suppose to protect the CAI from hydro-locking the engine but have yet to fit it on. Or you can get the Injen hydro shield if you're paranoid.