Page 1034 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3453493498410241031103210331034103510361037104410841134 ... LastLast
Results 12,397 to 12,408 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by keepitlow View Post
    just wondering, isn't the stock brakes caliper good enough.. I feel its alright with slotted rotor and better pads : )
    yeah?
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

How many of you guys with the Gruppe M are using the replacement scuttle panel `cowl` supplied with the kit and who modified their OEM scuttle panel like the ones below:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/sh...before-posting

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/sh...itting-help!!!

Not sure if I want to use the Gruppe M one or not. Is it really as bad as people say it is? Vibration wise.

I`m thinking of cutting the OEM one, as it looks neater and by the sounds of it will be less trouble later on.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by RPS.13 View Post
    How many of you guys with the Gruppe M are using the replacement scuttle panel `cowl` supplied with the kit and who modified their OEM scuttle panel like the ones below:

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/sh...before-posting

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/sh...itting-help!!!

Not sure if I want to use the Gruppe M one or not. Is it really as bad as people say it is? Vibration wise.

I`m thinking of cutting the OEM one, as it looks neater and by the sounds of it will be less trouble later on.
    For a bit there I was scratching my head trying to figure out what he did, but the jist of it, if I am correct was that he cut the original panel to make room for the GruppeM Scoop and allowing it to sit lower and for the purpose of getting an OEM fit with no vibrations?
    If thats the case I think the OEM solution looks quite good apart from the DIY involved, my only concern is that with so much bog in there it may crack over time.

Try the GruppeM one first I'd say for some time and see how that goes and if it doesnt work out do the mod to the OEM stuff, after seeing this DIY I will try that first before I decide to hack the original cowl.
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I've got the GruppeM one. Bit of double sided sticky foam and no rattling.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    I've got the GruppeM one. Bit of double sided sticky foam and no rattling.
    Did you mod the scoop so that you dont have to remove it when you open the hood at all?

^^^ thanks for the info guys. I`ll just try the gruppe m one first. If it annoys me then I`ll cut up the plastic one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    Did you mod the scoop so that you dont have to remove it when you open the hood at all?
    No need mod anything man, on my ep was fine with the scuttle piece they sent and the hood never hit the scoop on opening or closing.

Quote Originally Posted by RPS.13 View Post
    ^^^ thanks for the info guys. I`ll just try the gruppe m one first. If it annoys me then I`ll cut up the plastic one.
    With the rattling issue its the scoop vibrating against the scuttle piece. I had double sided tape under the scuttle to my windscreen, didn't stop the rattle. Put thick tape behind the gruppe m piece doesnt solve rattles. So putting double sided tape between the screws will stop it rattling.

Srs answer
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 JDM EP3
    I run mine like this:

Cut a spare scuttle, filled the space with a kit made by Tegiwa. No rattles, no issues.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    How much do those sfs hoses cost?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 JDM EP3
    Got mine from eBay UK. It was around $120-130 back when I bought it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    Worth getting because Oem will split
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Worth getting because Oem will split
    correct. my original split and i noted the current one was starting to too.