Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1, JAZZ, ITR, EURO
    If you use BP Ultimate, try to advance a little bit timing to get a little bit possible power.

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    just wondering coz im not too sure...is the normal unleaded RON 91 or 92? and the premium unleaded for both Shell Optimax & BP Ultimate is RON98 right? so far i've only used normal unleaded, but i may start using premium for my next tank....
    Just beware. there are 3 types of premium.. RON95 and RON98...

BP Ultimate (RON98)
    BP Premium Unleaded (RON95)

However,
    Mobile Synergy 8000 is RON98.
    Mobile Synergy 6000 is RON96. (<--- ???)

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    Quote Originally Posted by edw-R
    If you use BP Ultimate, try to advance a little bit timing to get a little bit possible power.
    is this something vtec controller does or is it possible to adjust timing on vtec as isnt it always variable?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi (GD3)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahcash
    Just beware. there are 3 types of premium.. RON95 and RON98...

BP Ultimate (RON98)
    BP Premium Unleaded (RON95)

However,
    Mobile Synergy 8000 is RON98.
    Mobile Synergy 6000 is RON96. (<--- ???)
    ok...what about the Shell Optimax & Shell normal unleaded? does shell have 3 types as well? like unleaded, premium unleaded, and optimax?

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Quote Originally Posted by devil
    ok...what about the Shell Optimax & Shell normal unleaded? does shell have 3 types as well? like unleaded, premium unleaded, and optimax?
    Not very sure about Shell.. but I just did a search.. they have 4 types.. (confuse the sh*t out of ya.. ) I cut and paste..

(1) Unleaded (RON 91)

(2) Unleaded 95
    Shell Unleaded 95 has a minimum Research Octane Number of 95 and is designed for use in many new vehicles which are designed to run exclusively on high octane fuels. Many new car manufacturers are now producing vehicles that require fuels with a minimum octane rating of 95, a level that will eventually become the base standard for all unleaded fuels. While many new car drivers will choose a premium fuel, like Australia’s favourite 98 octane Shell Optimax, fuels with an octane rating of 95 will also provide a highly suitable alternative.

(3) Premium Unleaded
    Shell Premium Unleaded has a minimum Research Octane Number of 95 and is designed for use in many imported and high performance vehicles which are designed to run exclusively on high octane fuels. Many vehicles are equipped with knock sensors which retard the engine when running on 91 octane Unleaded Petrol. These vehicles will benefit in power and economy when running on Shell Premium Unleaded Petrol.

(4) Optimax

Member Array
    Car:
    EG2, GD1, CL9
    BP Ultimate

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S Chilli R56
    Quote Originally Posted by STTICH
    BP Ultimate
    word...

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansquad
    haha i use same theory

if the unleaded prices is under 99, i go for bp ultimate..otherwise it's just unldeaded all the way
    sorry
    i never use Unleaded

Quote Originally Posted by STTICH
    BP Ultimate
    Quote Originally Posted by MRFIT
    word...

Quote Originally Posted by ahcash
    Not very sure about Shell.. but I just did a search.. they have 4 types.. (confuse the sh*t out of ya.. ) I cut and paste..

(1) Unleaded (RON 91)

(2) Unleaded 95
    Shell Unleaded 95 has a minimum Research Octane Number of 95 and is designed for use in many new vehicles which are designed to run exclusively on high octane fuels. Many new car manufacturers are now producing vehicles that require fuels with a minimum octane rating of 95, a level that will eventually become the base standard for all unleaded fuels. While many new car drivers will choose a premium fuel, like Australia’s favourite 98 octane Shell Optimax, fuels with an octane rating of 95 will also provide a highly suitable alternative.

(3) Premium Unleaded
    Shell Premium Unleaded has a minimum Research Octane Number of 95 and is designed for use in many imported and high performance vehicles which are designed to run exclusively on high octane fuels. Many vehicles are equipped with knock sensors which retard the engine when running on 91 octane Unleaded Petrol. These vehicles will benefit in power and economy when running on Shell Premium Unleaded Petrol.

(4) Optimax

too long

Member Array
    Car:
    爵士
    Quote Originally Posted by spoon fit
    too long

Spoonie

HAHAHA!!!!!
    Last edited by ahcash; 17-06-2005 at 10:59 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    GD3 honda jazz VTIS
    go for BP ULTIMATE, i use it everyday driving. Better boost for engine acceleration, smooth the rev up a bit, more power after 160km/h too.