Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    They only gave jetta an 8 according to my memory .i havent read the full pages tho. But if I were the buyer willing to spend around 40k on a family size sedan with bit of luxuries , and with decent power, I would go with euro lux navi or mazda6 diesel

With the money u spend on a superurb u can buy a passat wagon , and that's a different story cos skota just don't have the right car to fit in that comparison on wheels magazine, same reason why there's only jetta not passat.

Jetta has a good engine and DSG of course but the options are way too expensive, with leather seat sunroof and navi and reverse camera plus HID u r looking at a50000 jetta while list Honda euro lux navi is only 39000 drive away about a month ago( nearly signed the contract myself)
    Last edited by mrgu; 14-03-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    '12 Euro 6spd
    I agreed with the Wheels comparo ,except i put the Mondeo ahead of the Mazda 6.I tried all the mid sizers and found the Accord Euro was the best allround package when everything is taken into account . That's why i bought one . The VW do have some good points but the DSG apart from unknown reliability is just not smooth for everyday use imo. plus the risk of getting a dud VW is much higher than getting a dud Honda , and the last thing i wanted was having to deal with service depts and warranties .

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    good call champ

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    kjs,from personal experience,the Accord Euro is a far better ownership experience than the Jetta.

You are so right,it always needed something to have done,mostly rattles,and the VW dealerships,and VW in general were a nightmare to deal with.

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    I was really hoping that DTEC technology could be brought to aus
    Last edited by mrgu; 19-03-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 CL9 5 AT lux nav
    so what is the consensus on why VWs are problematic...poor build quality?...cheap componentry?....lightly built and dont cope with performance stresses? Because as they always seem to be reviewed so favourably as far as engineering, performance and interface something is sure letting them down to get so much negative feedback. Or is this feedback like much on the internet?...a preponderance of fanbois and the hugely disenchanted whingers...with satisfied middle ground not so represented?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by cbol55 View Post
    so what is the consensus on why VWs are problematic...poor build quality?...cheap componentry?....lightly built and dont cope with performance stresses? Because as they always seem to be reviewed so favourably as far as engineering, performance and interface something is sure letting them down to get so much negative feedback. Or is this feedback like much on the internet?...a preponderance of fanbois and the hugely disenchanted whingers...with satisfied middle ground not so represented?
    ^^^that

fact is when you push the engineering boundary, theres bound to be issues. If VW didn't take the plunge, no one else would've dared.

VW was one of the first to push DI across it's range, one of the first with Dual clutch across the range, one the first with small FI engines dragging larger cars across the range
    Now everyone, Honda included is developing DI and FI and DSG across their range of cars to follow.

Whos to say it will be trouble free when Honda rolls out their version of DI/FI/DSG vehicles? hell Honda is still struggling with the concept of Automatic Transmission... Even if Honda etc turns out to be more reliable on the same new technology, we'll have to thank VW etc for it, because they pretty much paved the way for the other manufactures to not repeat their mistakes.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars