Thread: DA9 Exhaust???

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra

Question DA9 Exhaust???

Hi guys...
    Just wondering if anyone knows the size of the standard exhaust piping for an LS???

I've just got a muffler installed and is DAMN LOUD! Totally unexpected because its the loudest exhaust i've ever heard, no exaggeration. Gives me a headache when i drive...shouldnt have gone for the cheap one

Well, to the point - i want to know what to do about this problem. Thinking of replacing the standard resonator with a bigger one, and wasnt sure whether to upgrade some of the piping at the same time - to 2.25"? Its currently 2". I dont want to change the muffler coz i really like the look of it...

thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    Quote Originally Posted by TEG61E
    Hi guys...
    Just wondering if anyone knows the size of the standard exhaust piping for an LS???
    stock is 1.75"

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    let me guess, its a HUGE cannon....

if you make the diameter of your piping any bigger it is only going to get louder. as for the resinator, it will soften it slightly but no matter what you do it will be loud with that muffler, due to them being straight through ( meaning before you put it on if you picked it up you could see right through it ) it is nearly like haveing no muffler at all,

if you dont like the sound get a smaller muffler, but if you like the look just get a nice sized tip.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    The cannon's got a 2.5" inlet...

I just like the look of the cannon itself because its double walled and one of the nicest looking ones i've seen. The tone is great too, and doesnt give off that typical high-pitched Honda sound.
    I've also considered installing a second high flow muffler which i have lying around, and removing the resonator alltogether. Advice on this any1??

Anyone out there with silencers on their mufflers? Can u tell me whether they make much difference??

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    silences make a big difference. put it on.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra
    how much would a muffler like the one your talking about set u back... coz i wanna buy 1?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra LS
    Cannons on any car will always be loud, even with the silencer. Personally i would have got an oval performance muffler (same shape to stock) and just got that upgraded and kept in the stock position so the noise is not as loud. You will find a silencer will probably not do a lot to reduce the noise. Now with a second muffler, i doubt u will get it on as the exhaust tunnel is fairly small and unless its round like your muffler, then it wont fit. If its too loud and u like the look of cannons, then think of maybe a mugen twin loop style. these have great performance aspects and they are quiet and they look bling!!

And What exactly is wrong with honda's high pitched noise???

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic si (d16a8)
    the size of the muffler doesn't always dictate noise, although pretty much all cannons styles are loud. I prefer the oval ones
    search around for a decent muffler, or listen to sound online samples
    lukey, greddy, magnaflow make some nice mufflers

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnr_Mint
    how much would a muffler like the one your talking about set u back... coz i wanna buy 1?
    PM Sent...

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by crispy
    And What exactly is wrong with honda's high pitched noise???
    Don't get me wrong...it sounds good if its done right - especially when the vtec goes off. Its just I've seen a couple of honda's around with loud mufflers that sound like a pocketbike on steroids! haha...
    I'd love to be able to afford a mugen twin loop...but damn they're expensive!

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 Integra
    I just had a look at my old muffler and realised that it's also a straight through design. The reason why i took it off was because it gave a high pitched sound on load, and i also didnt realise it was a perfomance one. It seems like a half decent brand (DynoMax Ultra Flo SS) but i dont know much about it...

I think i'm just gonna put it back on, inline with the new muffler. One thing i want to know though, might be a stupid question but:
    The car had a high pitched sound with the old muffler. It has a deep drone with the new muffler. Will it be a medium pitched tone with both installed? I'm guessing it'll be heaps quiet coz of double the muffling, but not sure about the tone...

Member Array
    Car:
    Poo-goat 307
    Why upgrade your exhaust from the cat-back when the headers and cat are still 1.75", upgrade to headers/cat/exhaust and do it all at the same time.