Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S

Buying DC5 type S in Vic

Hey there,

I'm looking at buying a 2005 integra type s in VIC. Is there anything in particular to look out for? i've already done the necessary paper checks and they check out fine, but i'm just concerned that i've missed something.

any advice would be good!
    Cheers,
    Grant.
    +rep me if you like my posts! =)
    EP3 --> 4G63 --> DC5s

Member Array
    Car:
    9th gen Civic h
    2 things when I bought mine.

1. Check the manual transmission for notchyness (and 3 gear playing up) when cold. There is a thread about this somewhere. Usually gear oil change fixes it but I suspect higher mileage might create some synchro damage if this problem was not attended to (only speculating on the damage part).

2. Starter motor. Start the engine when cold and make sure there is no crunching after the engine has started and you have just release the ignition (turned the key). this on is a bit harder to pick as it usually happens only on especially cold days. There is also a thread about this too.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Mind steering me on the right direction for this thread please? I can't seem to find it. = S
    EP3 --> 4G63 --> DC5s

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    yeah im curious too
    Im thinking of getting a dc5s too.
    I think another one was the engine mounts. Weak engine mounts in all dc5 soo pay attension to that? see if theres any crack or so.
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    yeah im curious too
    Im thinking of getting a dc5s too.
    I think another one was the engine mounts. Weak engine mounts in all dc5 soo pay attension to that? see if theres any crack or so.
    All DC5 engine mounts are to be honest, abit poor.
    Either way if there worn, an idea would be bargain your price lower to save you some coin and use the coin you save to buy some aftermarket mounts.
    Can't go wrong.
    3rd Gear Crunches when cold...
    Cold Starts (Starter Motor) makes a crunch sound, not a huge room of concern but i thought i should share it.
    Taillight gaskets (Rear), check to see if there worn, check to see if any water is within the taillights themselves.

If i can think of anything else ill add to it.

Member Array
    Car:
    9th gen Civic h
    search and you will find...
    gearbox: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...rbox-problems&
    starter motor: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...on-cold-starts

I fixed those problems and now looking to get rid of mine, good to see some dudes in the market for DC5S! My problem is it's too harsh for someone who lives and drives 80% in the city.
    Last edited by C.I.SIvic; 22-03-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: added comments

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    I would be more concerned on the chassis and engine health.

A bent chassis is nearly impossible to spot to those who don't know what to look for. Why is important? Because a bent chassis puts the car out of geometry. Unbalanced suspension is one of the issue with a bent chassis.

Do a leak down + a compression test to determine the engines health + the other inspections such as oil leaks, exhaust smoke. Ticking or knocking noises etc.

Best to pay someone who knows what they are doing to check out the car. A few hundred bucks cant hurt to know that you're buying a car in top condition.

Quote Originally Posted by mnc View Post
    I would be more concerned on the chassis and engine health.

A bent chassis is nearly impossible to spot to those who don't know what to look for. Why is important? Because a bent chassis puts the car out of geometry. Unbalanced suspension is one of the issue with a bent chassis.

Do a leak down + a compression test to determine the engines health + the other inspections such as oil leaks, exhaust smoke. Ticking or knocking noises etc.

Best to pay someone who knows what they are doing to check out the car. A few hundred bucks cant hurt to know that you're buying a car in top condition.
    I believe he was asking for general mechanical faults but yes your point is very valid.
    True if the chassis is bent or has been bent, it is near impossible to spot by the naked untrained eye but with thing you should be able to tell is, the car will never TRULY drive straight again, no matter how good of a while alignment you have.
    As you said Few hundred dollars can save a good thousand =)
    +1 Rep good sir. Good information above.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    thanx for the info guys! hopefully no problems with the car i want to buy.
    i've had enough hassles with fixing cars 1 month after buy it. =)
    EP3 --> 4G63 --> DC5s

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    With the bent chassis usually aftermarket sus can cause this or just pure bad maintenance? Im still looking for the right one now right now, seen some pretty neglected ones havent even test drove one lol.
    Good luck with finding the righit mate
    im on same boat but trying sell my car first
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    good info here guise

watajk dc5 master
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre