Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Hey guys want you opinion on my CL9 ( mainly about lowering.)

Hey guys had this car for a while and there is nothing to list that you can't already see i want to lower the car but am hearing too many different opinions through friends to turned to ozhonda I want the car to sit a little lower ( still legal) and smooth if possible. my current budget is around the 400-500 mark. whats the go with camber wear kits and struts/shockers leaking etc? just a simplified version please. THANK YOU! more pictures will come im not even sure if they worked so please be patient and understanding.. Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0893.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	21487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0892.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	21488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0229.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	21489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0880.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	182.0 KB 
ID:	21490  

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    how did you do the blackout on the window trim?
    For Sale:
    95' Civic Sedan VTI 165,000ks
    5zigen GN+ (17 x 7.5 +43 4 x 100) with tyres
    07' CL9 Foglight covers Arctic Blue pm me!

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    Buddy club coilover ftw $1200
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    or Tein Street Basic Coilover for $980 delivered to ur door (made in japan)

Buddyclub is made in Canada i think.....

BC/Megan/Ksport is made in Taiwan/China,

For $500 you'll be limited to Springs, but that will kill your shock so you might spend the same money as coil over at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 28-03-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro, S15
    Kural7, if you want smooth ride, im afraid the posters above are wrong in my opinion. I assume you are looking for smooth and normal ride, not firm and if thats the case (i could be wrong) you need to get your self a set of pedders or eibach springs.

In short i found:
    Springs:close to standard quality ride with improved looks and slightly better handling. Height can not be adjusted. usually cheaper.
    Coilovers: Always stiffer ride, more sportier and height can be adjusted. Everyday ride quality does suffer. More expensive.

In both of my other cars i ended up ripping out my coilovers and installing pedders and lovels springs but thats my personal preference and opinion
    What is popular is not always right. What is right is not always popular.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by adis View Post
    Kural7, if you want smooth ride, im afraid the posters above are wrong in my opinion. I assume you are looking for smooth and normal ride, not firm and if thats the case (i could be wrong) you need to get your self a set of pedders or eibach springs.

In short i found:
    Springs:close to standard quality ride with improved looks and slightly better handling. Height can not be adjusted. usually cheaper.
    Coilovers: Always stiffer ride, more sportier and height can be adjusted. Everyday ride quality does suffer. More expensive.

In both of my other cars i ended up ripping out my coilovers and installing pedders and lovels springs but thats my personal preference and opinion
    That depends on the springs and coil-overs, you cant just blanket-ly say "Coilovers are harsh" :-)
    Hint: look at the coil-over specs next time before you handover the cash lol.

As to springs, lowered springs WILL kill your shocks absorbers. Especially if car isnt all that new. so you endup having to take the car into a shop twice.. labour is $$$ here.

IIRC coilovers like Teins Street Advance is actually SOFTER than OEM suspension (correct me if im wrong)

Oh and.... you could always go for OEM performance, Honda USA sells A-SPEC suspension for CL9 you could use..
    Last edited by Fredoops; 28-03-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Hint: look at the coil-over specs next time before you handover the cash lol.
    Ive been in 20+ cars with coilovers and i didnt find any of them comfortable for every day.
    Your not wrong, there are different specs coilovers but in general, almost all are way to stiff and harsh for me for every day use. -)
    What is popular is not always right. What is right is not always popular.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    You're not going to get anywhere with that budget. Probably best to save up for either a spring and aftermarket shock combo or a coilover kit both minimum 1k. Running aftermarket springs on stock shocks will wear out the shocks faster as others have said and decrease ride quality.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    isnt some one selling a set for Form/Function coilovers for $600 on the traders section?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Everyone here rates the eibach pro springs highly, so u cant go wrong there!
    I installed tanabe nf210 springs on my euro a couple weeks back, and I must say there a great set of springs. Ride feels nearly as comfortable as stock, so I would have to say that there as good as the eibachs! and u get a nice modest drop, around 1.5inches
    I picked em up for just under $300 delivered off ebay

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    What cars have you been on what were the spring rates.

My euro was fine for daily drive.

Long wheel base and low spring rates play the difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    Since im on a budget, i ordered Function/Form Type 1's. They are on their way from the states and will let you guys know how they are.