Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by simonchau View Post
    What you mean by retification works?
    repair complaint.

rework.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ooohs, they Give you warranty on the work?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by simonchau View Post
    Ooohs, they Give you warranty on the work?
    Yep, AAMI gives lifetime warranty if you use their people.

had to use the warranty twice out of the 4 claims over the past 10 years.

I took the car back 2 weeks ago for reinspection, the 1st assessor wasnt very forthcoming, refused to do anything about the front bumper sagging, said he'll only cover the front guard not sitting flush with the bodywork.

after I took it in, another assessor had a look, the problem wasnt the guard, it's the bonnet sitting lower than the guard, so the front driver side sags 10mm front the passanger side.

So now they are taking the whole front end apart and refit everything.

they might also need to replace the front bumper cause the previous repair only "stuck" the bumper on, the hooks were actually broken, hence why the front end sags....

That'll teach AAMI to fix a non-driveable car in 5 days and costing only $3500..... But at least some people do their job right.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 29-03-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Yep, AAMI gives lifetime warranty if you use their people.

had to use the warranty twice out of the 4 claims over the past 10 years.

I took the car back 2 weeks ago for reinspection, the 1st assessor wasnt very forthcoming, refused to do anything about the front bumper sagging, said he'll only cover the front guard not sitting flush with the bodywork.

after I took it in, another assessor had a look, the problem wasnt the guard, it's the bonnet sitting lower than the guard, so the front driver side sags 10mm front the passanger side.

So now they are taking the whole front end apart and refit everything.

they might also need to replace the front bumper cause the previous repair only "stuck" the bumper on, the hooks were actually broken, hence why the front end sags....

That'll teach AAMI to fix a non-driveable car in 5 days and costing only $3500..... But at least some people do their job right.
    How much grief was it dealing with AAMI? I'm with them and have noticed some rust on my boot lid where the repairer resprayed it. Do I have to go back to the original repairer because in all honesty I don't want anything to do with them ever again. Would rather pay the money to someone else to fix than deal with the clowns who repaired my car last time.

PS. Sorry for thread hijack simon. For what it's worth my car was hit from the rear about a year ago, all airbags on both the passenger side went off (not the front though) and AAMI decided it was better off repaired rather than being written off. As you can probably tell from above I would NOT recommend the guys I was told to use. 6 week wait for my car to come back and 4 of that was spent sitting in the workshop waiting for the go to start work.

Was kind of chucking a sickie that day so karma got me good lol.

Oooohs, I'll probably go through the other party which is insured by aami, probably get them to inspect it

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    i lol at this thread. heavily.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    i lol at this thread. heavily.
    some good info here guise
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    sikaflex everything. cbf fitting. thats exactly what i do.but then it depends whos the owner.

~King Of Spam~

All good peetah, did aami give you choice of repairer or no?

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    You must at least have it repaired by a HONDA APPROVED repairer,or by a Honda bodyshop.

I think it was not written off because the front airbags did not go off.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    You must at least have it repaired by a HONDA APPROVED repairer,or by a Honda bodyshop.

I think it was not written off because the front airbags did not go off.
    Thats if for warranty proposes. If not that i dunno wtf you're saying byuddy

~King Of Spam~