Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    I've seen 6 rib belts run on 7 rib pulleys without any problems, u should be fine.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Thanks mate. Needed that little bit of re assurance =) How much should I tension the belt? Is it like a timing belt? Tension for a couple of cm's of slack?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    tension it like a normal belt. tight bit not too tight.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Just a heads up on this. It's all sorted so now I'm running a 4 rib serpentine belt on a 5 rib pulley system to retain AC from the D series. Rep points for the fine gentlemen and their help!

It's good that you follow up and post results.

sharing information is caring

Member Array
    Car:
    '92 EG Civic VTi
    Yeh I agree man. Too many forums with wankers saying "Yes! I fixed it!"...with no shared knowledge. I'm sharing my findings. The belt required is a Dayco 4PK1090 serpentine poly rib v-belt, the bracket I used is the H series to D series AC Compressor Bracket from Innovative mounts. This is for anyone who's game enough to go through the harrowing experience of transplanting a H in to an EG with AC retention. This is a 4 rib belt running on a 5 rib pulley system (alternator and crank pulley are 5). Powersteering is kept as well with the normal OEM belt so no need for modification. Be warned, there is very little space if you decide to fit the PS pump back in so ensure proper clearance to allow engine torque movement.