Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-s

Radiator fan problems!? Help!!

Hey guys,

I was wondering what the problem is, as my radiator fan doesn't switch on when the car is on, and it is overheating, BUT when i switch the car off then go to battery mode, the fan turns.

Is this the relay? faulty wiring? temp sensor? fan switch? as i checked the fuse in the fuse box, n that seems to be all good.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by hk_peenut; 06-04-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Have you check the coolant level?
    Possibly you have air bubble inside the cooling system. it can also cause overheating if there is air in the engine cooling system. its very important to jack up the front of the car and run the heater on full for upto 30 mins with the rad cap removed so air can come out untill the fan come on twice.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz Vti-s
    the coolant level is fine, could it be a bad temp sensor? coz wats bugging me, is that wen i first start the car and jus leave it to idle, the fan works as normal.
    But after i take it for a drive then sit on idle afterwards, the fan will not come on.

Atm im thinking its the temp sensor, as i have changed the thermostat, and all the pipes seem to be good, and the temp sensor is what triggers the fan switch, correct?
    Any1 else have this problem?
    Last edited by hk_peenut; 06-04-2012 at 04:52 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    Have you check the coolant level?
    Possibly you have air bubble inside the cooling system. it can also cause overheating if there is air in the engine cooling system. its very important to jack up the front of the car and run the heater on full for upto 30 mins with the rad cap removed so air can come out untill the fan come on twice.
    second part.. try that to make sure there are no air bubbles...
    then get another fan trigger switch thing... start with the easiest thing and slowly move your way to the hardest thing...