Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrocket172 View Post
    I do agree in its current form it is prone to flexing, there definitely needs to be some reinforcement.

But what do u mean by not 'locked in'?

The shape is the same as the standard rails, bolted on to the standard holes on the chassis.
    A 'flat' piece of steel can bend up and down, its got no support. You'll never bend it side to side though. Have a look at your stock rails, they won't be flat. They probably have rolled or folded edges or extruded box section to give it strength.
    Deano.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh as DL01 said they will have bends accross them to oppose torsion

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    What did you do about the seat airbags? Does removing your OEM seats disable anything related to other airbags?

Right, so now I've reinforced the sides by welding a piece of 25mm x 5mm flat bar to help reduce flex

The removing one airbag does not affect the system.
    I have plugged a 2.2ohm resistor into the airbag plug to trick it into thinking an airbag is there.
    This also prevents the airbag light coming on.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I commend you on the DIY but I think I'd rather the airbag working myself and plus your insurance is now void if it involves an accident where the seat or airbag would have been involved.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r View Post
    I commend you on the DIY but I think I'd rather the airbag working myself and plus your insurance is now void if it involves an accident where the seat or airbag would have been involved.
    which is pretty much any accident, seeing as your sitting on it LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Basically. Unless it's parked and someone runs into you or you scrape the bumpers on a piler or something cosmedic.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.