Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 91' ED6 Build!!

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 EJ8
    Loving the 33, haha, huge soft spot for that specific model, wish I had taken more precaution on mine, building the engine stronger rather than just chasing HP, got a good number but it didn't last long

Loving the wing btw, do you really need to run a third brake light?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED6
    i think i may need to
    gonna give regency inspection centre a ring in the morning to ask what shit i can and cant do to the civic
    serouisly ADR is pathetic!
    Last edited by Pepsinator; 11-04-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Civic ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsinator View Post
    i think i may need to
    gonna give regency inspection centre a ring in the morning to ask what shit i can and cant do to the civic
    serouisly ADR is pathetic!
    Yer im not sure if its required or not, I know modern jeeps have a light coming up from spare tire as third brake light, but older jeeps and sierras dont have 3rd brak lights. Think there are a couple others out there. But as a general rule almost all cars have a 3rd brake light. So my only guess is its mandatory in QLD, If it is though, mounting a 3rd light at the top of the rear window shouldn't be hard. Or even a little red LED strip connected under the wing on an L bracket might pass. Can imagine there is a few option though.

Giving them a call is defiantly a good idea though.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 EJ8
    I love being in Perth for the laws and no RWC's, haha. Even though no-one here knows how to drive, the laws on car modification are not as hard as they are over east, although they are starting to crack down on it. Kind of makes me raise the question, I took the wing off mine, wonder if I need to run the middle light..
    What else you got planned for her? Keen to keep watching this thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6
    Don't bother running with one Pierre, seriously. It's a god damn hatch back, you'll never get picked up on it. You really don't understand that cops just do not care about Hondas over here, yet. I drove my white dc2r around slammed and most cops just looked the other way. Only ever got measured once and he only measured my front lip and ignored the eyebrow height. You'll be fine man.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmerz View Post
    I love being in Perth for the laws and no RWC's, haha. Even though no-one here knows how to drive, the laws on car modification are not as hard as they are over east, although they are starting to crack down on it. Kind of makes me raise the question, I took the wing off mine, wonder if I need to run the middle light..
    What else you got planned for her? Keen to keep watching this thread.
    rims will be here soon
    and thats pretty much it man
    gonna be a sweet little daily

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Don't bother running with one Pierre, seriously. It's a god damn hatch back, you'll never get picked up on it. You really don't understand that cops just do not care about Hondas over here, yet. I drove my white dc2r around slammed and most cops just looked the other way. Only ever got measured once and he only measured my front lip and ignored the eyebrow height. You'll be fine man.

True man but if everything is all legal it will make me feel so much better

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    If you compare it to an ED CRX the 88 model does not have a 3rd brake light but the 89-91 models have the 3rd brake light.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    its a seriously easy thing to install and if you get an LED strip on the inside of the window you wont even see it till it lights up. it is an obvious defect for any police to pick up and then go right over the rest of the car. might as well just do it.

BTW it is mandatory on all vehicles, if not fitted as OEM then must be retro-installed, same with left hand side mirrors.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    It is not mandatory on all vehicles (personal imports), there are different rules for vehicles manufactured before 1989 i believe.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    88' ED6
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    its a seriously easy thing to install and if you get an LED strip on the inside of the window you wont even see it till it lights up. it is an obvious defect for any police to pick up and then go right over the rest of the car. might as well just do it.

BTW it is mandatory on all vehicles, if not fitted as OEM then must be retro-installed, same with left hand side mirrors.
    Some locally delivered 80s Ford Lasers never came with left hand side mirrors.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    well i take back what i said, its only mandatory for vehicles manufactured after oct '91- http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2009C00579

so what is the manufacture month date on your car given it is a '91?

if it is pre legistlation you could always just print out the details of the link i posted and argue the point with the police officer who pulls you over as they have a limited understanding of the ADRs at best, or you could just install the light! seriously its not that hard a job. Anyway it may actually prevent some numb-nut running up your arse one day.

btw the mirrors are pretty much the same deal. think i got confused as i remember when i was a kid, mum got defected for a blown tail light and so dad installed a second mirror and a high mount light at the same time and then got it cleared at the local cop shop. this was in a '79 Mazda 323 and would have happend in the late '80s/early '90s. they started phasing those laws in from '88 so grifty was right. guess dad was just being proactive, either that or the cop gave him a bum steer!
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    well i take back what i said, its only mandatory for vehicles manufactured after oct '91- http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2009C00579

so what is the manufacture month date on your car given it is a '91?

if it is pre legistlation you could always just print out the details of the link i posted and argue the point with the police officer who pulls you over as they have a limited understanding of the ADRs at best, or you could just install the light! seriously its not that hard a job. Anyway it may actually prevent some numb-nut running up your arse one day.

btw the mirrors are pretty much the same deal. think i got confused as i remember when i was a kid, mum got defected for a blown tail light and so dad installed a second mirror and a high mount light at the same time and then got it cleared at the local cop shop. this was in a '79 Mazda 323 and would have happend in the late '80s/early '90s. they started phasing those laws in from '88 so grifty was right. guess dad was just being proactive, either that or the cop gave him a bum steer!
    Great Advice mooshie

I think from my understanding if the vehicle was fitted with a third brake and you remove the taillight you are not con applying to the ADR's

The Idea of the LED strip is great idea and will cost you almost nothing
    Best go Jaycar and ask them what best way to do it
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep