Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by V205 View Post
    Put me down for a group complaint. Mine is 2005 Euro Lux Manual. I want it fixed properly but would appreciated if honda compensates part of it.
    If your car has full service history with Honda then you can put forward a case to Honda for consideration.If they do they'll supply the parts and you'll have to pay the labour.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    honda wont compensate squat
    =P just thought i would share that
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The whoop noise is from the thermal expansion valve in the a/c system. Unfortunately, it involves removing the aircon gas and your dashboard to get to that part.
    My 06 Euro just started making the whoop noise. I have 3 weeks left on my 5 year extended warranty. Would Honda replace the expansion valve under warranty? I recorded the whoop noise on my phone for evidence.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovevtec View Post
    My 06 Euro just started making the whoop noise. I have 3 weeks left on my 5 year extended warranty. Would Honda replace the expansion valve under warranty? I recorded the whoop noise on my phone for evidence.
    Yes, make an appointment now! Don't wait until your warranty has expired. Even the phone recording's date won't be enough to persuade Honda Australia. Make sure you show them the sound when you drop your car off in case they can't reproduce it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Yes, make an appointment now! Don't wait until your warranty has expired. Even the phone recording's date won't be enough to persuade Honda Australia. Make sure you show them the sound when you drop your car off in case they can't reproduce it.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I just called my local dealership to make an appointment for next Monday. As expected, they gave me the usual bullshit about how they never heard of this issue before. One of the mechanics will come for a drive with me. I will make him listen to the recording and just hope that the car makes some sort of noise during the test drive. But just in case, I will also bring a complaints form from Consumer Affairs Victoria and fill it on the spot if they refuse to fix it. From the various threads on the issue, it does not seem like people have been too lukcy with getting it fixed by Honda. Thanks again for the heads up!.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovevtec View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I just called my local dealership to make an appointment for next Monday. As expected, they gave me the usual bullshit about how they never heard of this issue before. One of the mechanics will come for a drive with me. I will make him listen to the recording and just hope that the car makes some sort of noise during the test drive. But just in case, I will also bring a complaints form from Consumer Affairs Victoria and fill it on the spot if they refuse to fix it. From the various threads on the issue, it does not seem like people have been too lukcy with getting it fixed by Honda. Thanks again for the heads up!.
    Make sure that they admit that they hear the sound before your warranty is over and have it logged into your car history/case. Once they have that logged in, and if it fails after warranty is over, you have a better chance in still getting it repaired under warranty.

i too have a blown compressor. quoted $2800 for genuine, $2300 non genuine from Honda and $1800 from local radiator and air con workshop.

common problem. this compressor must be that bad. head over to the tsx forum - not just an Australian thing thats for sure

Make sure that they admit that they hear the sound before your warranty is over and have it logged into your car history/case. Once they have that logged in, and if it fails after warranty is over, you have a better chance in still getting it repaired under warranty.
    Yep, I will make sure the mechanic does not leave my car until he hears the noise and I will ask for a written report if they refuse to fix it. Just one last thing: do you reckon there would be some sort of 'optimal' conditions for the noise to be heard? like setting the temp to a minimum or fan at maximum or in gear vs neutral? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aiutn View Post
    i too have a blown compressor. quoted $2800 for genuine, $2300 non genuine from Honda and $1800 from local radiator and air con workshop.

common problem. this compressor must be that bad. head over to the tsx forum - not just an Australian thing thats for sure
    Yeah, i told the guy from the dealership that it seems to be a common issue with euros and crvs. His reply was "never heard of the issue before" and "don't believe stuff you read on forums".. idiot! did yours do the whoop noise before it eventually failed?

yeah got spun the same story. local guy said he fixes them all the time. Mine stopped with no warning or notice. even when i turn the a/c on it doesnt make a noise and i thought usually when a compressor seizes it makes a loud squeel. im hesitant to even replace it, some guys over on the tsx forum have gone through 3 compressors!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by aiutn View Post

There are 2 different sounds. The WHOOP sound like a wolf whistle is the thermal expansion valve. The aircon will still work and cool the air.

If you get a grinding rattling sound, then the compressor's stuffed. In this case you don't get any cool air out of the vents.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Accord Euro
    Sorry to revive an old thread... Recently my car have a weird sound coming out (seems to be the compressor) whenever the air cond is switched on. Wonder if this is a sign of the compressor clutch( or the compressor itself) is failing? Thanks all
    http://youtu.be/0VeM--bKDDk