Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2
    do you need to do some drilling in installing the hid?

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    do you need to do some drilling in installing the hid?
    No drilling required.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Didn't want to start another thread so I'll post here. I've just had HID 6k installed in my CL9. They project a weird shape. Is this normal? They also take a while to warm up to brightness... any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    There's already someone here fitting the bi-xenons onto the pre-facelift. There's another thread on the first page about headlights where he posted about it.

I looked around for this post, because I'm looking to do the same. Could you give me a pointer?

@ChaosMaster: The disadvantage of using the stock headlight housing for HID is the beam pattern. The different light emission from a filament vs. HID bulb is the main reason you won't get the same results as those projects specifically made for HID bulbs. While you will get 'more' light output, the dispersion means the light will be less useable. I installed aftermarket HID's in previous cars but found that a good quality bulb (e.g. Phillips X-treme Vision http://www.lighting.philips.com.au/v...p=car_&vp=more light&va=more light) is a good alternative to the oem. While they dont produce the coveted 'white' light, they perform noticeably better than oem bulbs.

Regardless of oem or aftermarket HIDs, it normally takes 2-3secs for HID bulbs to settle when you switch them on.

hth
    Last edited by EuroGraphite; 27-04-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks hth. So you reckon if I just switch the globes of my HID, it'll reduce that pattern? I read somewhere that there was some adjustment available, and I've seen the writing on the plastic covers of the headlight housing. What adjustment is that for?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    ^ try rotating the bulbs inside the housing? I remember reading that somewhere. Still HID kits provide too much light output but not good enough for useful output compared to stock globes

BTW you can't just switch the globes in your HID kit to the Phillips X-treme vision if that is what you were thinking of doing. You need to go back to halogen globe set up with better output globes OR accept that HID kits don't produce the same effect as proper HID headlights such as the ones in the Luxury models.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Thanks hth. So you reckon if I just switch the globes of my HID, it'll reduce that pattern? I read somewhere that there was some adjustment available, and I've seen the writing on the plastic covers of the headlight housing. What adjustment is that for?
    I assumed that you had non-HID headlight housing and bought an aftermarket HID kit...hope that is correct..

Not sure if turning the bulb is possible due to the 'ridges' that hold it in place but may be worth a try. The typical adjustment probably refer to repointing the projector up/down/side-to-side to minimise the dispersion problem. You can do that on most housings, but if they have auto height adjust, it may not be possible. I am not familiar specifically with the honda light housing, but normally, a couple of adjustment screws will be visible.

p.s. hth = hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by chunsa View Post
    BTW you can't just switch the globes in your HID kit to the Phillips X-treme vision if that is what you were thinking of doing. You need to go back to halogen globe set up with better output globes OR accept that HID kits don't produce the same effect as proper HID headlights such as the ones in the Luxury models.
    good summary there!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Ah, thanks guys. Yeah, I'll try flipping them. Their an aftermarket kit, not the proper Honda ones as they cost quite a bit. I noticed that the actual globe on these kit have a piece of metal or some sort running down the bottom of it, might flip to see if that makes a difference. It is manual adjustable, but again, still not sure what they do, does it move the projector section backwards or forwards or something?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Yeah that definitely looks like the halogen projectors are scattering the light from the HIDs upwards. That looks like it would dazzle oncoming drivers, and most probably fail roadworthiness due to dodgy beam pattern.

I don't think you can adjust that with those globes without changing out the projector lens.

- HZ

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Didn't want to start another thread so I'll post here. I've just had HID 6k installed in my CL9. They project a weird shape. Is this normal? They also take a while to warm up to brightness... any thoughts?
    It's normal if you put a HID kit in stock halogen projectors. The internals of the projector headlights focus and scatter to the middle while a HID projector has a very clean and sharp cut off line and lights up everything underneath.