Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^ I'd have that over a spring shock combo, just my personal preference having something already pre made.
    Easier to sell as well.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Well, I guess that's a true. It's a factor that doesn't apply to me so I didn't think about it. I'm going to keep my CL9 for at least another 10 years. In the mean time, I'ld grab another sports car (Evo, S2k or Z4) which would be a lot better than the CL9 as a drivers car. By then, there'ld really be no point in parting out the coilovers.

Excuse my ignorance, I've received alot of negative and positive feedback, what should I go for!

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    koni and ground control ftw. None of those budget coilovers can compare. Tried and tested setup.

The reason some are more expensive than others is the RnD/testing and quality control and quality of the shocks used, leading to improved life and a better ride. Many chinese coilovers are a one size fits all deal, they will give you a drop and thats it and use cheap parts. Some people only care about looks and thats fine.
    Last edited by Rudy; 30-04-2012 at 10:08 AM.

so they are coilovers though? Or are they something different? You aren't able to link me to a website are you?

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonhochkins View Post
    so they are coilovers though? Or are they something different? You aren't able to link me to a website are you?
    Sent you a PM

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonhochkins View Post
    Once you added ground control, springs and shock together you end up with a coilover anyway.

So in effect you've jut made a DIY coilover with parts.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    This is 100% correct on all counts but one
    you don't have to sacrifice adjustability

koni yellows + ground control springs offer a much larger degree of height and damper adjustability

you'd belooking at around 1-1.1k for these
    I want some of these

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    so just to confirm the gc + koni setups .. the gc springs is basically eibach springs? (are the pro kit or sportline?)
    and where does the damper adjustibility come from? i tried searching on their website and cant find.. :S
    WTB: NSW CL9 facelift front bumper in Graphite / Grey

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Koni yellow you can adjust the firmness of the shocks by turning a knob.

Ps: with koni/gc you'll reuse OEM tophat dont you, if that's the case, probably allow more labour costs.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 30-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' AP1
    You want cheap coils that will do the job? and wont hurt your back while driving? so these Function/form will do. think about it, will you track your car? If not, no point in investing big money for coils. In terms of reliability, its been very good, no leaks or anything else that could happen YET. Its up to you to pay 300-400 more for shock and spring for that extra comfort.. to me what i have the softness is amazing.. hehe. Spring rates are 12kg front and 6kg rear.
    Last edited by 3RotaRX; 30-04-2012 at 01:00 PM.

bc br type coiliovers