Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Supercheap is having an oil promotion.

HPR5 $39.96
    HPR10 $39.95
    Durabled 5w30..... $49.49
    Magbatec fuel saver 5w30..... $46.68
    Nulon High Tech fast flo Synethetic 10w-40 .... $49.90
    Considering the 2 penrite oils are full synthetic the above prices just don't make sense... I guess it's all about supply and demand. And more people are buyin valvoline/ castrol
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    In all honesty anything that is the best price at the time that falls under the recommended weights for your engine will be fine if not better than the oil that it was rated to from the factory, change at the service interval eith oil and filter and enjoy happy motoring.

everyone craps on about different oils etc but in reality your engine already has 100+ thousand kms you might or might not know the service history or the oil they used in it before? so if they were using woolies homebrand and you put motul 300v yeah it might feel a bit better but your just throwing money away. my best mate run what ever is cheapest 10-40 in a evo 3 with 300kw for 7 years sometime over 10,000kms and 2 years on the same oil ? and never had an issue and in his words why waste money on oil when i dont know if the motor will last once i rebuild it then i'll put good stuff it everyservice.

I personally used nulon and switched to Penrite because of the price difference i will stick with penrite has a good name performs as good as the nulon and the motul i was using and for 44 bucks for HPR5 its a steal i change every 5k or 3 months or after every Drift day.

so far ive clocked up personally over 100,000kms cars now sits on 310,000 making 190RWKW on stock boost Nissan RB25 and drives to and from drift events never an issue

4 services a year every 3 months or 10,000kms with oil and filter brand etc dosent really matter all that much pick a oil you like try a few see what you think is best for you car and guys especially with stock D and B's dont get to fussed about all the jumbo and enjoy your driving
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Don't use nulon.... Using it ATM and it burns

Super cheap have Castrol edge sport on sale, go
    The 10w40
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Don't use nulon.... Using it ATM and it burns

Super cheap have Castrol edge sport on sale, go
    The 10w40

Totally agree on the nulon burning.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    Hey guys, I'm a bit confused on which oil I should use after reading this thread haha. I'm pretty new to all this. I've had my DC2 B18C2 for just over 1 year, only just done 10,000kms so I'm changing the oil now. I put in Castrol full syn 10w40 and it hasn't really burnt any of it. It has 240km on the clock but the engine was rebuilt at 150kms. Should I stick with 10w40 or switch to 5w30/40? I know this question has been asked a lot, but I'm willing to spend a little extra for good stuff

EDIT: I live in Melbourne.

EDIT 2: My car is daily driven but I don't push it very hard. I'm on red P plates, with a modified car, who lives down the street from a major police station. I drive very carefully most of the time. I'm thinking of getting a 5w40 fully syn oil. Good idea?
    Last edited by Cr0wbar; 08-05-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Use the same oil Castrol 10w40
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Also doesn't make a difference if u use 5w40 or 10w40. First number doesn't really matter in Australia coz we don't see -17 temperatures
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    Oh ok, thanks for the input. A lot of the time I'm rushing out of the door and don't have time to warm up the car, so I was thinking the 5w might help. I should put aside more time to look after the car. Anyway, thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    reviving old thread has anyone used hi-tech oils?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    reviving old thread has anyone used hi-tech oils?
    Yes dont waste your time. Cheap and nasty
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Yes dont waste your time. Cheap and nasty
    Can you be more technical with your comments ?
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Currently tossing up between going the penrite 10 Tenths Racing Range (10-40) price at 68.99 or shell utlra 5w-40 prices at $63.78. Currently using 10-50 HPR 10 prices at 48.50 but i have told too thick, though as per penrite site it states to use HPR 10 or 10 tenths 10-40. Confucius!!!